Guided tour of the Pantheon in Rome (Basilica of St. Mary and the Martyrs)
- Listen to your expert guide bring the tales and mysteries of the Pantheon to life
- Admire the beauty of an ancient pagan temple turned into a church
- Look at the open oculus located in the middle of the large dome
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria and the Martyres, better known as the Pantheon, and admire the beauty of this structure dating back to ancient Rome. Together with your English-speaking guide, discover the history and mysteries of this monument, the only building of ancient Rome that remained almost intact throughout the centuries.
Originally a temple dedicated to all the gods, then converted into a Christian Basilica in the following era, the building was commissioned initially by Marco Agrippa and built by Emperor Hadrian between 120 and 124 AD., following the fires that had damaged the structure. Before you finish your guided tour, do not forget to gaze into the sky to admire the oculus - a circular opening in the dome, that allows the whole interior to be illuminated.
- Guided tour of the Pantheon with an expert guide
- Admission to the Pantheon (free)
- Audio guide
- Children (0-10): free
Basilica of St. Mary and the Martyrs
Please arrive at the audio-guide desk of the Pantheon (Basilica di Santa Maria ad Martyres) at least 5 minutes before the tour starts
- This guided tour is only available in English
- Admission to the Pantheon is free at the moment
- Recommended offer: €18 for the guided tour
- Opening hours may be subject to change without notice due to religious services, concerts, or extraordinary events
- Latecomers will not be able to join the guided tour. Tickets are non-refundable
- Monday-Friday at 12.00pm
- From March, 26 guided tours will be available on Saturdays at 12:00pm and on Sundays at 12:30pm
Get on the City Sightseeing Open Bus at one of the many stops and explore the city at your own pace....
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
With your children, discover the great accomplishments of the Ancient Roman Emperors at the Colosseu...
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES Humility is always the best record a DJ can...