House of Augustus skip-the-line guided tour with Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Get unparalleled access to the newly-opened Casa di Augusto and Casa di Livia
- Admire its beautiful frescoes and architecture
- Learn about the life of Emperor Augustus, Caesar's heir
- Visit the Colosseum and wander the ruins of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
NOTE: DUE TO A COMPLETE CLOSURE AT THE HOUSES OF AUGUSTUS & LIVIA, WE ARE SUBSTITUTING THESE SITES WITH SPECIAL ACCESS TO OTHER (INCREDIBLE, FRESCOED) ANCIENT ROMAN HOUSES BUILT IN THE SAME PERIOD. WE PROMISE THE EXPERIENCE IS JUST AS GOOD AND THE REST OF THE TOUR REMAINS UNCHANGED.
Emperor Augustus is one of the most important figures in the history of Western Civilization but for years his amazing palace has been closed to the public and its interiors kept a closely guarded secret. With its opening Walks of Italy is proud to be the first tour operator to take you inside the intimate living quarters of this forefather of the Roman empire.
You'll admire incredible frescoes and architecture as you learn about the fascinating lives that unfurled here, with appearances from Mark Antony and Cleopatra; and rumors of murder by poisoning. This amazingly well-preserved palace is every bit as impressive as Pompeii but sits directly in the heart of Rome.
Afterwards, head to the Colosseum to learn about the astounding blood sports that took place here. With Skip the Line Access, you won’t waste in long ticket lines for a fully-guided tour of the first and second levels.
On this VIP Ancient Rome tour, you’ll also stroll through the Roman Forum, where money-lenders, temples, and debate forums once hosted the teaming civic life of the ancient city; visit the Temple of The Vestal Virgins; climb the Palatine Hill for a lesson in the mythic founding of the city by Romulus and Remus; and learn of the great victories that inspired the Arches of Constantine and Titus.
With skip-the-line access at all sites, an expert guide, and a small group of 15 people or fewer, this is the perfect tour for those who want an insight into Roman history that goes far beyond the conventional tourist trail and introduces you to some of Antiquity’s greatest sites.
- Casa di Augusto (special access)
- Casa di Livia (special access)
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- Arch of Titus
Please note that the order of sites visited may be in reverse.
- Special access entry to the Casa di Livia and Casa di Augusto (Caesar's Palace)
- Skip the line tickets and reservation fees for the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Via Nicola Salvi, 64, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
In front of the Colosseo metro stop (Blue Line) on the street level next to the magazine kiosk, not the upper level. Directly across the street from the Colosseum.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- NOTE: There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- The Colosseum has changed its admission policy to ensure that only 3,000 people are allowed within the amphitheater at any given time, meaning much less crowding during busy periods. Although our tickets are pre-booked with Skip the Line access, this may mean a slight delay on entering if capacity has already been reached. We expect that the instances of this will be limited but ask for your patience if you travel on a busy day and are affected by this unavoidable circumstance. In all, it should make for a much nicer experience for all (and longer general access lines!).
- The Colosseum is subject to occasional closures. The Colosseum administration is usually aware of this and informs us the day before or of a given closure. Please provide us with detailed contact information in the event that we need to reach you to reschedule your tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
01 October 2017 - 31 October 2017
- Daily at 9:15 AM
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays at 1:15 PM
01 November 2017 - 10 January 2018
- Daily at 9:15 AM
11 January 2018 - 28 February 2018
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays at 9:15 AM
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: vip entrance or vip entrance + audioguide...
Rome is a city that has built and rebuilt upon itself for thousands of years. Our Crypts, Bones & Ca...
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
This is the tour for people who want to see everything and get the total Vatican experience. With an...
Enter the Sistine Chapel before it opens to the general public and enjoy Michelangelo’s masterpieces...
Follow your guide inside the wonderful St John Lateran. The sculptures inside will blow your eyes an...
You’ll enjoy a unique experience while all is still silent and the throngs of tourists have yet to a...
Take part to an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
Tour privato di Villa d’Este e Villa Adriana Conferma 1 GiornoGUIDA TURISTICA ABILITATA – BIGLIETTI ...
Pre-book this comfortable private transfer by luxury vehicle from Fiumicino Airport to hotels or oth...