"L’Ara com’era" virtual experience tickets
- Explore the Ara Pacis as it was in the past, thanks to an augmented reality experience
- Participate in one of the ceremonies that the monument used to host
- Observe the monument's decorative details in 3D
- Buy tickets online to avoid queues at the museum entrance
Gets inside the Ara Pacis and participate in one of the rites performed there. "The Ara as it was" is an innovative augmented reality experience that employs special AR visors with built-in cameras, which recognize the three-dimensional bas-reliefs and sculptures.
History and technology meet for a immersing multi-sensory visit of the Ara Pacis, one of the most important masterpieces of Roman art, built between 13 and 9 BC to celebrate the peace established by Augustus in the territories of the empire.
Discover the original appearance and function of the altar and watch the transformation of the Northern Campus Marzio, the area of Rome chosen by Augustus to celebrate his power. Observe the decorative details of the monument: the mythical past of the Urbe comes to life through the color restoration of the Ara Pacis marble.
Take part in the procession that ends at the mausoleum: among augures, sergeants and priests, Augusto appears followed by his family. The solemn procession accompanies the emperor, surrounding and protecting him while performing the sacred rite. Witness the ritual, reconstructed on the basis of various literary sources and ancient sculpture depictions.
- Entrance ticket to "L’Ara com’era"
- 3D viewer
- Reduced: young people aged under 26, teachers on duty, journalists registered with the National Order of Journalists (Italy) – professionals, trainees and freelances, members of law enforcement agencies and armed forces with ID, holders of entry tickets to the Museo dell’Ara Pacis
- Free of charge: visitors with a disability and/or disabled civilians with a disability rated at 74% or more and accompanying person, European Union tourist guides and interpreters
Museo dell'Ara Pacis
Lungotevere in Augusta - 00100 Roma
Ara Pacis Museum
- This ticket must be printed and presented at the entrance of the museum
- Entrance to the exhibition is not permitted for children under 13 years old
- The price breakdown is as follows: Standard price: entrance 11€ + booking fee 1€ + agency commission 1€
- Children under 13 are not allowed to use headsets
- Free for children under 13 accompanied by an adult
- Languages available: English, Italian, French, Spanish and German
- 16 April 2016 - 31 October 2018
- Every day 7.30pm-11pm
- The ticket office closes one hour earlier
- Closed: 1 January, 1 May, 25-30-31 December
Dal 26 ottobre al 17 febbraio 2019 il Museo dell'Ara Pacis di Roma ospita una grande retrospettiva i...
El Museo del Ara Pacis alberga uno de los monumentos más increíbles de la época de Augusto, el Ara P...
Las obras maestras de incalculable valor de los Museos Vaticanos representan un tesoro que no te pue...
Dal 12 ottobre al 3 febbraio il Museo di Roma a Palazzo Braschi ospita "Il Sorpasso. Quando l’Italia...
Dal 20 ottobre al 3 marzo il Museo di Roma in Trastevere ospita “Lisetta Carmi. La bellezza della ve...
Disfruta de un recorrido apasionante que te permitirá descubrir la genialidad de Leonardo da Vinci, ...
La colección permanente de la Galería Nacional de Arte Moderno de Roma incluye más de 3.000 pinturas...
Palazzo Merulana, espacio urbano descubierto por la unión de la Fondazione Elena y Claudio Cerasi y ...
Recorre los pasos de los gigantes en esta visita guiada por el corazón del Imperio Romano y conoce l...
Disfrutar de esta romántica visita a pie de 3 horas por la Roma histórica y ver el atardecer sobre l...