National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo skip-the-line tickets
- Buy this skip-the-line daily ticket for Castel Sant'Angelo
- Explore its collection of artifacts of war, porcelain and sculptures
- Find out how the city's history influenced the use of the building
- Built as an imperial tomb, it was transformed into a prison
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeological site and a museum. Inside are preserved numerous and heterogeneous collections, here merged in different historical moments.
Founded as a museum of war memorabilia and military, such as weapons and uniforms, in recent decades the exhibition space has been enhanced with an impressive collection of pottery (with examples dating from the fifteenth to the eighteenth century) and an interesting group of medieval and modern sculptures.
Visiting the museum, you will discover the fascinating history of the building that houses it. Built around 123 A.D. as a tomb for Emperor Hadrian and his family, Castel Sant'Angelo accompanied for almost two thousand years the fate and history of the capital. From a funerary monument to a fortified outpost, from a dark prison to a splendid Renaissance residence, from a Risorgimento prison to a museum, Castel Sant'Angelo embodies the story of the Eternal City, where past and present seem inextricably linked.
- Skip-the-line daily ticket to the National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo
- Temporary exhibitions
- EU citizens 18-25 years old
- EU permanent teachers in government schools
- Until 4th March, from 9am to 11am, it is possible to access at reduced price
- Free admission (visitors must pay a pre-ordered ticket in order to skip the lines): UE citizens under 18 years old
- Please note: all reductions are only valid for UE citizens and citizens of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland
Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- This is a single-day ticket that allows you to visit the museum on the day you selected at any time you'd like
- The ticket must be printed and presented at the entrance of the museum
- Ticket cancellations or changes are not permitted
- The price breakdown is as follows:
- Full Price €15 + 1.5€ booking fee + 1.5€ agency commission
- Reduced €8 + 1.5€ booking fee + 1.5€ agency commission
- Free €1 + 1.5€ booking fee + 1.5€ agency commission
- Daily 9:00am-7.30pm
- Closed on December 25th, 1st January, 1st May
- The ticket office closes at 6:30pm
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...
Join the tour and combine a panoramic tour with morning skip the line access to the Vatican Museums....
Our pink buses are on the move all day long and will take you to the city’s most important monuments...