National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo skip-the-line tickets
- Buy this skip-the-line daily ticket for Castel Sant'Angelo
- Explore its collection of artifacts of war, porcelain and sculptures
- Find out how the city's history influenced the use of the building
- Built as an imperial tomb, it was transformed into a prison
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeological site and a museum. Inside are preserved numerous and heterogeneous collections, here merged in different historical moments.
Founded as a museum of war memorabilia and military, such as weapons and uniforms, in recent decades the exhibition space has been enhanced with an impressive collection of pottery (with examples dating from the fifteenth to the eighteenth century) and an interesting group of medieval and modern sculptures.
Visiting the museum, you will discover the fascinating history of the building that houses it. Built around 123AD as a tomb for Emperor Hadrian and his family, Castel Sant'Angelo accompanied for almost two thousand years the fate and history of the capital. From a funerary monument to a fortified outpost, from a dark prison to a splendid Renaissance residence, from a Risorgimento prison to a museum, Castel Sant'Angelo embodies the story of the Eternal City, where past and present seem inextricably linked.
- Skip-the-line daily ticket to the National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo
- Temporary exhibitions
- EU citizens 18-25 years old
- EU permanent teachers in government schools
- Until 4 March from 9.00am to 11.00am, it is possible to access at reduced price
- Free admission (visitors must pay a pre-ordered ticket in order to skip the lines): UE citizens under 18 years old
- Please note: all reductions are only valid for UE citizens and citizens of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland
Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- This is a single-day ticket that allows you to visit the museum on the day you selected at any time you'd like
- The ticket must be printed and presented at the entrance of the museum
- Ticket cancellations or changes are not permitted
- The price breakdown is as follows:
- Full Price €15 + €1.50 booking fee + €1.50 agency commission
- Reduced €8 + €1.50 booking fee + €1.50 agency commission
- Free €1 + €1.50 booking fee + €1.50 agency commission
- Daily 9.00am-7.30pm
- Closed on 25 December, 1 January, 1 May
- The ticket office closes at 6.30pm
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks...
Breeze past the long queues in St Peter’s square and go straight into the Vatican for a day of art a...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci; artist, engineer, sculptor, arc...
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...
The best time to see the Vatican is before the crowds descend. This express, early-morning ticket gi...
Experience the beauty of Rome at night, traveling by golf cart to some of the city’s most beautiful ...
The Jewish community was among the first to settle in Rome, almost 2000 years ago, in the heart of t...