Pontifical Villas tour and City Sightseeing Rome
- Includes City Sightseeing ticket Rome after 3:00 pm
- Exclusive tour by minibus inside the Garden of Castel Gandolfo
- Transfer from the villas in central Rome included
The Pontifical villas of Castel Gandolfo are approximately 55 hectares (11 more than the Vatican City) of which 30 held at Garden and 25 for agricultural activity.
Inside we can find the Pontifical Palace (which houses the Vatican Observatory), the Palazzo Barberini, the homes of service, the electric substation, workshops, factories, farm and stables for cattle.
The Pontifical Palace (or Apostolic Palace) of Castel Gandolfo is a Museum belonging to the Catholic Church that is located within the area of the Pontifical villas of Castel Gandolfo. He was a papal residence but from 21 October 2016, decided by Francis Pope, the palace retires his garments of Papal summer residence and officially became a museum.
The tour begins in Largo di Villa Peretti at 8.45 where you will find our staff that you will follow for the whole tour, at 9:00 will depart the bus to Castel Gandolfo. A visit to the Pontifical Villas will consist of a tour by minibus within the Pontifical gardens of Castel Gandolfo (commentary recorded in 6 languages on board the minibus) followed by a free visit to the Museum to the papal apartments within the Apostolic Palace. At the end of the visit (12:00 hours) there will be 1:00 hours of free time to eat and explore the surrounding area.
At 01:00pm will follow the transfer to central Rome, on arrival in the city (at 02:00pm) our staff will leave your afternoon ticket City Sightseeing Rome (valid after 3.00 pm); the ticket can also be used the next day.
- Welcome and assistance at the meeting point and departure/arrival of the bus
- Transfers with Bus from Rome Vatican museums and Papal villas
- Reception and assistance on board the Bus for the duration of the Tour
- Entrance to the grounds of Papal Villas
- Tour by minibus within the Grounds of Castel Gandolfo
- Multilingual audio guide on the minibus inside the Grounds of Castel Gandolfo
- Entrance to the Museum of the papal apartments
- Afternoon ticket City Sightseeing Rome after 3:00 pm
- Food and drink
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Youth (6-18): reduced
- Child (0-5): free of charge
Largo di Villa Peretti, 2, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
TERMINAL B City Sightseeing Rome
- Your ticket City Sightseeing Rome is valid after 3.00pm; the ticket can also be used the next day
- The tour includes walking and stairs, we recommend that you wear comfortable shoes
- Wear appropriate clothing to visit to the Pontifical Museum (covered shoulders and skirts/pants below the knee)
- Free cancellation until 1 day before the tour; 100% charged for cancellations effectuated 1 day before the tour
- The commentary within the grounds of Castel Gandolfo is available in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Russian
- Departure at 9.00am
- Various days from June to October (see calendar)
- Please show up at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time
Get on the City Sightseeing Open Bus at one of the many stops and explore the city at your own pace....
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
With your children, discover the great accomplishments of the Ancient Roman Emperors at the Colosseu...
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES Humility is always the best record a DJ can...