Private family tour of the Colosseum
- Private Colosseum tour for the whole family
- Licensed tour guide, specially focused on interacting with kids
- Enjoy gelato at the end of your tour
Enter the Colosseum (just a quick security check) and start your tour. You can visit the ground level and the first floor of the Colosseum. The guide will give the entire family an overview about Ancient Roman history, life, loves and (of course) shows and gladiators fights. Your guides will ask questions and especially focus on interacting with the children, to create the best learning experience!
No need to climb the steep steps: the first tier is accessible by an elevator and our guide will take care of the whole family with a special care for anyone with mobility problems. You will set the pace of this tour and there’s no rush, this is your tour! You will learn about the combats and behind the scenes facts, you’ll see where the gladiators barracks were and where wild animals, prisoners condemned to death and hunters were kept before combat started. If you think that gladiator fights were the only shows performed in this amphitheatre, you’ll be surprised to know how much more made a day at the Colosseum great!
At the end of the tour, the guide will take you for an ice-cream nearby the Colosseum….your “small-gladiators” have followed us for two hours and now we have to buy them a small prize, made of chocolate, mint or any flavour they like.
- Local guide trained to work with kids
- Tour of the Colosseum
- Entrance fees (14 euro per adult, 2 euro per child)
Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
The newsstand right outside the Metro Station, Colosseum (line B, Blue). Look for your guide with a Joy of Rome sign.
- This is a kid-friendly tour, focused on interacting with the children. This tour will not include a deeper exploration of the archaeological area
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age of 5
- Admission tickets are not included in the price of this tour
- Colosseum is wheelchair accessible, but wheelchairs are not provided
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (comfortable shoes, small umbrella, sun-cream, water)
- This tour is not available on all the first Sundays of the month, On January 1st and 6th, May 1st, June 2nd, June 29th, November 1st, December 25th.
- April to October at 8.30am and 3.30pm
- November to March at 9.00am and 2.00pm
- Arrive 15 minutes before the starting time
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
Take part in a virtual visit using special 3D viewers combined with a multilingual audio guide and r...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...