Religious Tuscany and Umbria day tour from Rome
- Travel with your private driver to the South of Tuscany and Umbria
- Explore Monte Oliveto Maggiore and Assisi
- Tour the breathtaking monasteries and breath in the Middle Ages
- Enjoy a wine and olive oil tasting after having listened to their origin
Get introduced to the Italian Religious orders that went beyond the Orthodox Christian experience. Meet your private driver and depart towards the South of Tuscany and Umbria. Tour the breathtaking monasteries in Monte Oliveto Maggiore and Assisi, the native villages of these saints and breath in the Middle Ages. A nice wine and olive oil tasting will await you after the history.
While exploring the beautiful area of Southern Tuscany close to Siena, you will visit the Abbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore. It is situated in a beautiful position between typical forms of eroded soil and a forest of cypresses and oaks. The abbey was founded in 1313 by Sienese Bernardo Tolomei who retired in this isolated place, property of his family, after he converted to the Benedictine order. Some years later, he began the construction of the Abbey. The structure, as you see it today, has been completed during the following centuries.
Assisi was the birthplace of St. Francis, who founded the Franciscan religious order in the town in 1208, and St. Clare, the founder of the Poor Sisters. Nowadays, Assisi is a popular destination not only for religious tours, but also for the history that the city has witnessed during the centuries. The Basilica of San Francesco d’Assisi is the most important site to visit while in town.
At the end of the tour, sit back, relax and enjoy your 2.5-hour drive back to your hotel in Rome. You can expect to be back at your hotel at around 6.00 pm (depending on the local traffic).
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Private tour
- Local expert guide
- Assisi/Monte Oliveto Maggiore guided tour
- Wine/olive oil tasting
- Fuel surcharge
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please provide the address of your hotel/accommodation at the time of booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Prices per person (not per vehicle).
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Air-conditioned, fully insured and licensed legal vehicle with professional English-speaking driver.
- The vehicle and driver will be at your complete disposal for the entire duration of the tour and can take you where big buses cannot go.
- All tours can be modified and/or customized (even while on tour) to meet your complete satisfaction.
- Your English-speaking driver will give a general overview regarding the history of the areas in the car before you start walking around on your own. By Italian law he is unable to conduct guiding inside museums, monuments, etc, or even to leave the car to walk around with you.
Every day at 8 am
Minù x TRISKELL New Years Event w/ Jackmaster _______________________________________ Circolo degli ...