Rome Hop-On Hop-Off Bus tour and return transfer from Civitavecchia Port
- Discover the landmarks of Rome with your 1-day hop-on hop-off ticket
- Recorded commentary on board available in 9 languages
- Take part to different free walking tours with an English-speaking guide
- Comfortable round trip transfer from Civitavecchia cruise terminal
- Make the most of your day by asking information to the Big Bus representatives available on site
Get on a round trip coach transfer between Civitavecchia cruise port and Rome, and visit the Eternal City on an open top double-decker hop-on hop-off bus.
The cruise port is located 80 km (approx.) from the center of Rome, so it can be difficult and/or expensive to get to Rome. This package is the perfect option for a convenient pre-arranged transfer to and from Rome and the possibility to get around Rome at your leisure and see all the major landmarks.
Your transfer coach will depart at 9:30 am from Civitavecchia Port (please debark the ship no later than 9:00 am) and will take you to the very center of Rome. The drop off place is near Castel Sant’Angelo by the Supreme Court. It is located a 5-10 minute walk to the nearest Big Bus stop just on the other side of the river, a 10 minute walk to Piazza Navona and a 15 minute walk to Vatican City. Occasionally, there can be a different drop off place at Colosseum, depending on city regulations. Passengers will be advised before the transfer bus departs, so they can plan accordingly.
The single departure time for the return to Civitavecchia Port will be at 4 pm at the same point you were left in the morning, near Castel Sant’Angelo by the Supreme Court (please be at the meeting point 10-15 minutes before the departure). You’ll be then back to the Port of Civitavecchia around 5:15 pm (depending on traffic’s conditions).
Red Line (Mon-Sat Afternoon)
Blue Line (Sat afternoon – Sundays)
Free walking tours (English-speaking guide only):
- VATICAN - at 12.00 pm Hopping off at Big Bus Rome stop n. 6-7, you will start your tour at Tiber shore and walking through Ponte Sant’Angelo, St. Peter’s square, finding your way to the biggest Basilica of Rome, San Pietro.
- COLOSSEUM - at 2.00 pm Starting from stop n.5-6, Piazza Venezia, in front of the Theatre Marcello, you will walk on one of the 7 hills of Rome, the Campidoglio Hill. Passing by the Altare della Patria, you will then walk through via dei Fori Imperiali, facing the Roman Forum on the right and Trajan’s markets on the left, finishing up at the Colosseum.
- PIAZZA VENEZIA - at 3.30 pm Starting from stop n.5-6, Piazza Venezia, in front of the Theatre Marcello, you will walk on one of the 7 hills of Rome, the Campidoglio Hill, and you will discover the Pantheon and the amazing Piazza Navona.
- PIAZZA BARBERINI - at 5.00 pm With this walking tour, you will discover and learn about the amazing Spanish Steps and the “Barcaccia” fountain, walking through some of the most beautiful streets, or “vicoli” of Rome. The tour lasts 1 h, starting from stop n. 8 and ending in the beautiful and rich Via Veneto at the Hard Rock Café Rome.
- Round trip transfer from Civitavecchia Port to Rome
- 1-day hop-on hop-off bus tour in Rome
- Big Bus host on all the buses
- Free walking tours (English-speaking guide only)
- Red and/or blue lines
- Free earphones
- Audio commentary in English, German, French, Spanish, Arabic, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Admission to attractions, monuments and museums
- Optional gratuities
- Infant (0-4): free
- Child (5-15): reduced
Via Prato del Turco, 3, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
Once arrived at the Port, you have to take the complimentary shuttle bus service from the cruise ship to the Cruise Welcome Center at Largo della Pace. Upon exiting the shuttle bus, you will pass through a meeting area for all online bookings, located before exiting to the street. Here the Big Bus representative will be waiting for you and help you with check-in. Please be at the meeting point at 9:15 am, the bus is departing at 9:30 am. The point is marked with a Big Bus sign, the staff wears yellow t-shirt /jacket
- Double-decker buses are collapsible wheelchair accessible.
- It is customers' responsibility not to miss the return shuttle to Civitavecchia port.
- Big Bus Tours Company is not responsible for matching ship departure times and returns to the Port.
Civitavecchia transfer (the transfer is 75 minutes each way depending on traffic conditions)
- Civitavecchia Port meeting: 9:15 am
- Departure from Civitavecchia Port: 9:30 am
- Only return time from Rome: 4:00 pm
- Arrival to Civitavecchia Port: 5:15 pm (depending on traffic)
Hop-on Hop-off bus tour (frequency: 15-20 minutes)
- April-October from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
- November-March from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Experience a different point of view over a city suspended between history and legend. Hop on your r...
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: PRIORITY DEDICATED ENTRANCE or PRIORITY D...
Un autista privato professionista verrà a prelevarti a Roma e ti condurrà al porto di Civitavecchia,...
Explore Rome at your own pace with this 24 or 48-hour hop-on hop-off City Sightseeing bus! Jump on a...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
Experience the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to ...
Get on the City Sightseeing Open Bus at one of the many stops and explore the city at your own pace....
Dine in a typical, local restaurant in the Trevi area, then enjoy a leisurely walk in Trastevere, th...
Enjoy a beautiful trip to the charming Santa Severa Castle, at halfway between Rome and Civitavecchi...
Are you arriving in Civitavecchia on a cruise ship and only have one day to see all Rome has to offe...