- Skip-the-line for Pompeii with your pre-booked tickets
- Enjoy a beautiful drive along the gulf of Naples to Sorrento
- Hotel pick-up and drop off service from Rome with personal tour guide
Enjoy a picturesque two hours drive along the Tyrrhenian coast to Pompeii. At Pompeii you will visit what is considered as Europe's most important archaeological site. This UNESCO World Heritage site was once a seaside resort and party-town for ancient Romans until tragedy struck one fateful April day in 79 AD when Mount Vesuvius famously erupted, burying the city, seaside and surrounding the whole area in volcanic ash. Pompeii was then lost to the world for over a millennium and a half until its ruins were first discovered in 1599, and then rediscovered 150 years later. Pompeii’s artifacts and remaining frescoes, mosaics, and structures give us an incredible insight into what life was like during the late Republic and early Roman Empire.
After your tour, the driver will take you on a beautiful one hour drive along the gulf of Naples all the way to Sorrento, where you will enjoy lunch. The driver and tour assistant will be happy to provide suggestions of the best restaurants in the area. Sorrento is a charming town, known for its high quality hand craft products (especially limoncello) as well as its spectacular views across the bay of Naples towards the city and further towards Mt. Vesuvius. The architecture is very picturesque with its numerous terra cotta colored buildings facing the vertiginous cliffs and the busy narrow streets reviving the atmosphere. After your visit, the driver will take you to one of their favorite bars to enjoy a delicious limoncello tasting with local pastries!
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets for Pompeii
- Licensed Tour Guide for Pompeii walking tour
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Round trip transfers from Rome to Pompeii/Sorrento
- Professional english speaking driver
- Tour assistant
- Limoncello tasting
- Optional gratuities
- Lunch or snacks
- Children (ages 0-6) Free
- Please provide hotel details a check out for pick-up service. Include details to help your tour guide find you
- Arrive at your chosen meeting point at least 10 minutes before tour departure
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water
- Tuesdays, Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays at 7.20am
Admirez le coucher du soleil sur les toits de Rome et profitez de l'atmosphère romantique de la vill...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Take part in a once-in-a-lifetime tour where you can be a part of the papal audience and see the pop...
Esplora il mercato locale e le storiche botteghe alimentari romane ed acquista i migliori ingredient...