- Skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Awe-inspiring Renaissance frescoes inside the Sistine Chapel
- Chance to gain insights on the works of famed artists, including Michelangelo
The Vatican City may be the smallest country in the world but is also one of the most visited and richest in terms of art and culture. Suffice to say that within its borders are the Museums and the Basilica of San Pietro, two of the most visited sites by tourists when in Rome.
Being one of the largest and most important museums in the world, in some periods of the year the wait for admission to the Vatican Museums is very long, taking away precious time. With the guided tour of Maya Tours this will no longer be a problem, since we always guarantee direct access to the Museums and a privileged and exclusive access to St. Peter’s Basilica, monuments that in the high season can count more than 30,000 visitors a day!
There is so much to see, and our tour is designed to let you discover the fascinating history of the Vatican and the works of art it hosts. Our expert guides are all officially recognized by the Holy See and have many years of experience behind them. In addition to great preparation, their extraordinary passion for their work makes it even more enjoyable and exciting to visit these artistic heritages.
The route is planned in detail and aims to show you the most important collections of the Museums, such as the various Galleries (of the Candelabras, of the Tapestries, of the Geographical Maps), the treasures of the Popes, the Greek, Roman and Renaissance sculptures (such as the Laocoon and the Apollo of the Belvedere), the picture gallery with Flemish paintings, medieval and contemporary artists.
From the Sistine Chapel, you will enter the Basilica of San Pietro from a special entrance, reserved exclusively for authorized guides and their groups.
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Guided walking tour of the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Children between 6 - 17 years old: reduced
- Students between 18 - 25 years old: reduced (A valid student ID is required and must be under 26 years old)
Via Germanico, 16, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
This tour starts from our office. Please be aware to not miss the entrance of our office: Look out for a street sign with our red circled logo and the white words "Maya Tours" on it Our Office is located near the entrance of the Vatican Museums (approx. a 5-minute walk). If you are taking public transport, we suggest you take the Metro (A-line) and get off at "Ottaviano". Once outside the station, head south on Via Ottaviano towards St. Peter’s square then turn right onto Via Germanico (second street on your right). We are on the right-hand side at number 16. The street is easy to reach by Taxi as well. If you are new in town we recommend you look up our location on google maps before as Rome's streets might seem a bit confusing in the beginning. If you have any trouble finding us for whatever reason, please don't hesitate to contact us!
- The guided visit to the Vatican Museums is about 2.5 hours.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You will receive confirmation at the time of booking
- A dress code is enforced for entering places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered (both men and women). You risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Departure time: 10 am & 1.30pm in English, Spanish and German
- Departure time: 10:45 am & 3.30pm in French, Italian and Russian
- Meeting time: 15 minutes before departure time
- Tour not available on Sundays and Christian holidays
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
Don't miss the romantic atmosphere of past times of the Serenissima Venice! Join this sightseeing to...
Admirez le coucher du soleil sur les toits de Rome et profitez de l'atmosphère romantique de la vill...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Esplora il mercato locale e le storiche botteghe alimentari romane ed acquista i migliori ingredient...