- Visit the former museum of folklore and the Roman dialect poets
- Discover how was the popular Roman life from the end of 1700 to 1900
- Learn more about costumes, folk dancing, secular and religious holidays
- Buy tickets online to skip the line at the museum entrance
If you want to discover the most important aspects of everyday Roman life from the end of the eighteenth century to the second half of the twentieth century, the Museum of Rome in Trastevere is the right place to be. In fact, this museum has a collection of paintings, prints, drawings and watercolors, including the famous Roma pittoresca series by Ettore Roesler Franz, evoking costumes, folk dances, feasts and secular, religious and ancient professions, all represented through a refined exhibition, housed in the former monastery of St. Egidio.
Many charming pieces of artwork are part of this fascinating and unusual museum, such as a nativity of the nineteenth-century, materials belonged to the poet Trilussa, photographs of contemporary authors such as Mario Carbone and Emilio Gentilini, a Night View of Rome by Amedeo Simonetti, Rome from Monte Mario by Salomon Corrodi, an Apse of St. John Lateran made by Guillaume Frédéric Romny, and a terracotta sculpture by Achille Pinelli.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Museum of Rome in Trastevere
- Reduced: non-resident citizens 6-25 years old, resident citizens living in the metropolitan area of Rome 20-25 years old, state and municipal school teachers with permanent contracts, conventions.
- Free of charge: children 0-5 years old, residents on the first Sunday of each month, residents under 18 years old, disabled people and helpers, tourist guides from the EU, journalists with professional card, university teachers and students of the humanities, conventions.
Museum of Rome in Trastevere
Piazza Sant'Egidio 1/b - 00153 Roma
- This ticket must be printed and presented at the entrance of the museum
- This is a daily ticket, which allows you to access the museum on the day you booked, at a time of your choice
- The price breakdown is as follows: Standard price: entrance 6€ + booking fee 1€ + agency commission 3€
- Tuesday-Sunday 10.00am-8.00pm
- 24th and 31st December 10.00am-2.00pm
- The ticket office closes an hour in advance
- Closed: Monday, 1st January, 1st May and 25th December
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
Don't miss the romantic atmosphere of past times of the Serenissima Venice! Join this sightseeing to...
Admirez le coucher du soleil sur les toits de Rome et profitez de l'atmosphère romantique de la vill...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Esplora il mercato locale e le storiche botteghe alimentari romane ed acquista i migliori ingredient...