Unesco jewels - Pompeii and Naples full-day tour from Rome
- Visit the world-unique Pompeii, the Roman city buried by the Mount Vesuvius eruption
- Spend a day surrounded by culture, with a panoramic overview of the lively city of Naples
- Explore the haunting ruins of Pompeii, travelling back in time to the tragic days of 79 AD
Join this amazing journey through space and time in Pompeii, a unique document of Greco-Roman life. You'll begin your journey down the “Highway of the Sun”, passing through the famous Roman countryside, Castelli Romani. Your first stop is Naples, a world-renowned city home to incredible views of the Mediterranean, Mount Vesuvius, and countless historic sites. You'll enjoy a short sight of the city, the seashore and the gulf of Naples.
After stopping for a traditional Italian lunch, you'll make your way to the UNESCO Archaeological Site of Pompeii with skip-the-line tickets. You'll spend the afternoon exploring this once thriving city that was frozen in time by layers of volcanic ash. Pompeii remained buried under a layer of pumice stones and ash 19 to 23 feet (6 to 7 metres) deep. The city’s sudden burial served to protect it for the next 17 centuries from vandalism, looting and the destructive effects of climate and heavy weather. Explore the haunting ruins of Pompeii, travelling back in time to the tragic days of 79 AD. You'll learn how people lived in those times, visiting houses, bars and restaurants.
After your tour of Pompeii, you'll resume your trip through the Roman countryside, enjoying the scenery as you leisurely make your way back to Rome. Return in time to enjoy the rest of the night in Rome at your leisure.
- Pick-up and drop-off in selected hotels in central Rome
- Roundtrip transportation
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- Audio headsets (in Pompeii)
- Local tour guide (in Pompeii)
- Beverages at lunch, and any other meal not mentioned
- Optional gratuities
- Children (ages 3-7): reduced
Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando, 95, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Please call 24-48 hours ahead of time to receive your pick-up time. Hotel pick-up may be as early as 1 hour prior to tour start time. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time. If you are not staying at a centrally located hotel, please make your way to the Gray Line Rome/I Love Rome Office, via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando 95 (nearest Metro Stop: Line A - Repubblica) 20 minutes before tour starts
- You can choose to take this tour in either English, Spanish and German
- French is only available from November through March
- Please note that language options are subject to availability
- Everyday at 07.30am. The tour ends around 09.00pm
- 06.30am - Hotel pick-ups begin
- 07.15am - Meet at the Gray Line Rome/I Love Rome Office, via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando 95 (nearest Metro Stop: Line A - Repubblica) if your hotel is not listed
- 07.30am - Depart for Naples
- Early Afternoon - Lunch
- Mid-afternoon - Explore Pompeii
- Evening - Drive back to Rome
Visit the ruins of Pompeii in the iconic city of Naples in one day from Rome. We’ll take you from Ro...
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best ...
Experience the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to ...
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: priority dedicated entrance or priority d...
Enjoy a day away from the hustle of the city and join this 7.5-hour day trip out of Rome to discover...
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an exper...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
Dine in a typical, local restaurant in the Trevi area, then enjoy a leisurely walk in Trastevere, th...
Take a comprehensive tour of the Vatican City and benefit from the expertise of an art historian gui...
Join on a journey back to the 18th century with the “Opera in Roma” Baroque Orchestra and listen to ...