Vatican highlights tour: Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel tickets
- Skip the long lines at the Vatican Museums with pre-reserved tickets
- Gape at the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo's world-famous masterpiece - 20 minutes before closing time
- See the most iconic works of the Vatican collection
- Led by an expert guide you'll get the context that makes works so much more interesting
This Vatican highlights tour is designed to show you the very best of the Vatican Museums and give you a deep appreciation for the art, power, and politics of the Vatican City — in just 2.5 hours.
You start by skipping the (always long) lines to get into the museums, diving right into the galleries holding some of the most famous works of art in the world. Your expert tour guide will offer eye-opening insight and context (along with some great stories) as you explore the Raphael Rooms, the Belvedere Courtyard with ‘Apollo Belvedere’ and ‘Laocoön and Sons’, the Pinecone Courtyard, the Gallery of the Candelabra, the Gallery of the Maps, and the Gallery of the Tapestries.
Then head to the Sistine Chapel just before closing time. Before entering, your guide will explain the stories behind the creation of these iconic frescoes as well as what they mean. Spend about 20 minutes admiring the chapel independently, after which time your guide will lead you through a special door out of the chapel and directly into St. Peter’s Basilica for an independent visit.
We’re passionate about the Vatican and want to share that passion with you in intimate groups led by the most engaging, and knowledgeable guides in the Vatican. This is why we’ll never put you with a group of more than 20.
- Sistine Chapel
- Raphael Rooms
- Blevedere Courtyard with Apollo Belvedere & Laocoön & His Sons
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Gallery of the Candelabra
- Gallery of the Maps
- Gallery of the Tapestries
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Skip-the-Line Access ticket to the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-Line access to St. Peter's Basilica
- Small groups of 20 people or fewer
- Headsets for every guest
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Via del Governatorato, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
- Meeting Point - At the green bar (called l'Ottagono) in Piazza del Risorgimento.We meet just outside the green bar in the middle of Piazza del Risorgimento Square. This is the only bar/cafè located on the square. The bar is on the side of the square towards via Crescenzio - close to Tram stop number 19. The closest Metro/Underground stop is Ottaviano.
As with all museums, particular galleries of the Vatican museums can sometimes be closed without prior notice and pieces removed for restoration or loan. In the case of a gallery being closed, your guide will take you to another section of the museums instead.
On rare occasions, when St. Peter's Basilica is being prepared for high masses or a special private event, including the Easter ceremonies, the tour group exit and/or the basilica itself can be closed without prior notification. Your guide will still give you an introduction to the church should you wish to visit this on your own at a later occasion. We are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair and stroller access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. As a result, we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on any of our group Vatican tours.
Until 28 February 2019: 3.15pm (meet strictly at 3.00pm)
From 01 March 2019: 2.45pm (meet strictly at 2.30pm)
Breeze past the long queues in St Peter’s square and go straight into the Vatican for a day of art a...
Gets inside the Ara Pacis and participate in one of the rites performed there. "The Ara as it was" i...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci, who was an artist, engineer, sc...
No pierdas la gran oportunidad de participar a la audiencia del Papa Francisco y visitar junto a un ...
If you want to discover the most important aspects of everyday Roman life from the end of the eighte...
Considered as the most ancient publicly owned museum in the world, Capitoline Museums are an importa...
Home of one of the most precious monuments of the Augustan age, the Ara Pacis is an alter built in h...
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Grazie all'accesso privilegiato (salta fila) ammirerai una delle più vaste collezioni di arte del mo...
Why walk slowly through the historical center of Rome when you can zip through on a guided bike tour...