Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica tour with Last Judgement show
- See the masterpieces of the Sistine Chapel, Raphael Rooms, Gallery of Maps and more
- Enjoy the new immersive theatre show about the Sistine Chapel
- Get central seats for the most innovative show about the Last Judgement, combining art and technology
This no wait tour of the Vatican Museums allows you access straight into the Vatican Museums, so you can enjoy every moment admiring the world’s most incredible art collection. From the Sistine Chapel to lesser-known, though certainly not to be underestimated, gems of the collection and a visit to St. Peter’s Basilica crowned by an immersive show, telling the story of Michelangelo and his frescoed masterpiece.
The Vatican Museums hold some of the world’s most important works of art. Listen as your guide brings these works of art to life for you – pointing out things you would never have noticed on your own and teaching you about the immense figures behind these great works.
You’ll start with a visit to the Sistine Chapel. Commentaries are not permitted within the chapel, so your tour guide will have already filled you in on the details with the aid of photographs of the frescoes inside. Enjoy each moment admiring this world-famous chapel, noticing the details such as Michelangelo’s self-portrait in which he immortalizes just how hard it must have been for him to produce these amazing works of art. As you leave the Sistine Chapel in awe, you’ll continue the tour using your skip-the-line access again, exiting by a special door which leads us straight down to St. Peter’s Basilica and past another long line.
Enter the most important church in the Christian world and uncover it’s incredible pieces of art. See the Papal Altar under Bernini’s Baldachin, and marvel at Michelangelo’s other timeless masterpiece: La Pietà. Once outside again, you can admire Bernini’s clever optical illusion in St. Peter’s Square, spot the balcony from which the Pope delivers his public addresses and snap photos of the Basilica’s heavenly façade.
Complete your experience by joining the new extraordinary theatre show about the Sistine Chapel, combining art, live performances and the most sophisticated technology, for a 270° immersive experience. From Marco Balich, the creator of 20 Olympic Ceremonies, and with music from Sting, this unprecedented show features the history of the most fascinating artwork ever created, unveiling all its secrets.
To really ensure you have an experience you won’t want to forget we have reserved only central seats for you where you can enjoy the show at its best.
- 3-hours guided tour of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Skip-the-line entrance and central tickets to the Last Judgement show
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (6-18): reduced
- Infants (0-5): free
Viale Vaticano, 98, 00136 Roma RM, Italy
Tour meeting point: at the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Last Judgement show meeting point: at the Auditorium della Conciliazione in Rome
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- The Vatican Museums are among the most highly trafficked sites in the world. With over 6 million visitors in 2016 and numbers rising year-on-year, the museums give rise to a whole new meaning of the word “crowded.” Our tour routes are designed to minimize exposure to crowds as much as possible, but be aware that the museums are very busy by nature.
- Our City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets to be easily recognizable at the meeting point.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area which may result in your having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance.
- Saint Peter’s Basilica is subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we're happy to offer customers an extended tour of the Vatican Museums. While we endeavour to tell tour groups ahead of time if there are any planned disruptions to the Basilica's opening hours, this is not always possible and in these cases, we are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Note: This tour has multiple departure times. The guest must select only one departure time on the calendar when booking, and times are not interchangeable.
- If you have booked your tour on Monday or Thursday, your show will begin at 8pm
- If you have booked your tour on Wednesday, your show will begin at 6pm
- If you have booked your tour on Friday, your show will begin at 9pm
- If you have booked your tour on Saturday, your show will begin at 5pm