Villa D’Este and Villa Adriana private tour from Rome
- 8-hour private tour to Tivoli Villa D'Este and Villa Adriana
- Explore the inside of the Villas while you take memorable photos
- Upgradable with licensed guide inside the Villas
Spend a full-day exploring the beauty of Tivoli with this private 8-hour tour from Rome. Admire Villa d’Este and Villa Adriana with their beautiful gardens. You’ll be also able to spend some time visiting the city of Tivoli, where you can have lunch (not included).
Your private driver will pick you up from your accommodation in Rome in a luxury minivan. In around 45 minutes you’ll reach Tivoli, where you’ll tour Villa Adriana first, the former holiday home of Emperor Hadrian. It was built in the 2nd century AD. Hadrian’s Villa was a complex of over 30 buildings, covering an area of at least 1 square kilometre (c. 250 acres) of which much is still not excavated. The villa was the greatest Roman example of an Alexandrian garden, recreating a sacred landscape. The complex included palaces, several baths, theatre, temples, libraries, staterooms, and quarters for courtiers, praetorians, and slaves.
After your tour of Villa Adriana, you'll have time for lunch and for a nice walk in the little and ancient town of Tivoli. The city offers a wide view over the Roman countryside.
In the afternoon you’ll see Villa d’Este, built in the heart of the Renaissance around 1550, for the will of the Cardinal Ippolito II d’Este, Tivoli’s governor. Walk around the Villa with your guide (if booked), taking in the gardens and posing for photos in front of Bernini-designed fountains while learning about the Cardinal and his lavish life in the villa. Villa d’Este’s fame, however, is due more to its gardens than to the building itself. This most famous Italian-style garden, which has been imitated, reverberates with the sound of so many fountains that inspired the Romantic composer Franz Liszt to write a piano suite called ‘Fountains of the Villa d’Este.’
After Villa D’Este visit, you'll return to your hotel or accommodation in Rome.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour in the language chosen (if option selected)
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Villa D’Este entrance tickets (8€ per person)
- Villa D’Este audioguides (4€ per person in English, French, German and Spanish)
- Villa Adriana entrance tickets (8€ per person)
- Villa Adriana audioguides (5€ per person in English, French, German and Spanish)
- Food and drinks
Please provide your address at the time of booking for arranging the pick-up service.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Prices per group.
- Air-conditioned, fully insured and licensed legal vehicle with professional English-speaking driver and permissions to enter the historical center of Rome.
- The vehicle and driver will be at your complete disposal for the entire duration of the tour.
- All tours can be modified and/or customized (even while on tour) to meet your complete satisfaction.
- Your English-speaking driver will give you a general overview regarding the history of the sites and monuments while in the car before you enter. He will allow all the time you need to visit with no rushing as in group tours. By Italian law he is unable to conduct guiding inside museums, monuments, etc.
- If you prefer a private licensed tour guide, he/she will narrate from both inside the vehicle and will also enter the sites with you. Official licensed guides are selected and require an extra cost, otherwise you can rent audio-guides.
- The tickets (not included) to enter the sites can be purchased on site. Since there is no long line to skip, you won’t need any reservations, and once you get there you’ll be able to purchase your tickets and get inside in just a few minutes.
- If you want to spend more time on the tour, you can add extra hours to the itinerary for an additional cost of 70.00 Euro per hour in cash directly to the driver.
Tuesday-Sunday at 9.00 am
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES L'umiltà è sempre il miglior disco che un d...