Do you lack adventures in your life? Come sledge! There is something for everyone on this excursion. Beautiful Native Scenery, play holes and awesome rapids to negotiate your way through as you take the river on at eye level, you are in charge of your own vessel- propelled by the flippers on your feet, your guides are there to encourage and motivate you and help where necessary, awesome family fun. No experience necessary. Mix this all up with Mount taraweera tours.
Mount Tarawera and Kaituna sledge combo tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 7 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Enjoy a combine the unique Mount Tarawera crater hike with sledging on the Kaituna river in a packed day
- Admire beautiful native scenery along the way
- Have a great adventure experience with world-class guides and gear
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Hotel pickup all central Rotorua hotels and the Rotorua information Centre
- Sledging equipment
- Entrance fee
- Guided tour
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Pickup service is available only from all central Rotorua accommodation and the Rotorua information Centre. You will be asked to provide your accommodation details at the time of booking.
What to remember
- Participants under 13 years old are not allowed to join this activity
- A maximum number of participants is 12
- No experience is necessary
- Bring your swimwear, towel and sunscreen (summer) are recommended
- it is recommended to bring sturdy walking shoes, a warm/windbreaker Jacket, a bottle of water, woolen hat/gloves/scarf (winter) for Mt. Tarawera volcanic crater hike
- Pickup is available from all central Rotorua accommodation and the Rotorua information Centre
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 80% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.