Private Tour to Peterhof with return by hydrofoil
- Discover the astonishing Peterhof - the capital of fountains, a unique architectural ensemble called "Russian Versailles"
- Enjoy a walk in the Upper Gardens, the Lower Park and an excursion of the Great Palace (Petrodvorets)
- Take a short hydrofoil ride back to the city - in just 30 min you will be at the Palace Embankment close to the Hermitage
A trip to St Petersburg is never complete without visiting Peterhof. On this private tour with a professional guide and driver you discover Peterhof, which was founded at the beginning of the 18th century by the order of Peter the Great who always dreamt of turning Saint Petersburg into the European capital. After the visit to French Versailles Peter I decided to create an impressive palace and park with fountains that could leave the most demanding visitors speechless. You will be amazed by the luxury of the Russian Versailles, the abundance of fountains and the impressive amount of gold as well. The fountain system of Peterhof - one of the largest in the world, consists of 147 fountains, many of which were conceived personally by Peter the Great.
On our way to Peterhof, we will drive through residential areas by a car or minibus and our experienced guide will tell you some practical information about living in St Petersburg to make your way fly by quick and enjoyable. While walking in the park the guide will explain to you how the unique system of fountains works and will teach you to read the allegorical language of sculpture. The most popular places in Peterhof are the Chess Mountain cascade, Roman Fountains, numerous joke fountains, located near the Monplaisir Palace. Rising above the Grand Cascade is the Grand Palace of Peterhof – the summer residence of Peter the Great. You will have a guided excursion to the Grand Palace (Petrodvorets), where throughout the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the finest Russian and West European architects worked on the facades and the interior décor, where Russian Emperors lived and celebrated their victories. At the end of the tour, we will return to the center of St Petersburg.
- Transportation in a comfortable A/C vehicle
- Professional English, German, French, Italian or Spanish speaking guide
- All tickets per program (skip-the-line)
- Welcome gifts
- Bottled water
- Ponchos in case of rain
- Children (0-5 years): free
Please specify the hotel name for the pick-up service while booking.
- You will be picked up from your centrally located hotel. Please provide the name and address of your hotel while booking
- Please note that in case of unfavorable weather conditions, the hydrofoil ride back will be substituted by a car/minivan ride
- The boat ride and the fountains operate only during the summer season from mid-April to mid-October
- On mondays the Peterhof Palace is closed
With your St. Petersburg CityPass card, you'll save up to 80% when you visit the city's museums, riv...
Your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel to bring you to the Tzar's Village (Tsarskoye Selo...
Visit Peterhof, a beautiful summer residence of the Russian Imperial family. See both the Grand Pala...
Discover the grandeur of Saint Petersburg in the comfort of a private vehicle and accompanied by a p...
St Petersburg is the famous Russian port on the Baltic connecting Russia with the rest of Europe for...
Visit the Hermitage Museum on your own and use skip-the-line concierge service at the same time! Thi...