Monterey day trip with Alcatraz tickets
- Spend an entire day cruising along the California coastline
- Visit Alcatraz Island the next day - try the award-winning cell block audio tour
- Highway 1, Cannery Row, 17-Mile Drive, Pebble Beach and Monterey
Travel scenic California’s Pacific Coast Highway 1 to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula, famous for its spectacular ocean views, abundant wildlife and historical past. You'll stop at Cannery Row, made famous by John Steinbeck, and visit great shops and restaurants overlooking the Pacific, not to mention the world-famous Monterey Aquarium.
Next, you'll travel through the famous 17-Mile Drive and see Pebble Beach Golf Course. Photo stops will be made along this gorgeous drive. The tour continues to Carmel by the sea, where ample time will be given to walk through this charming town dotted with lovely shops and beautiful architecture.
Spend the next day on Alcatraz Island, the historic federal penitentiary which housed 1,576 of America's most ruthless criminals including Al Capone and Robert Franklin Stroud (the 'Birdman of Alcatraz') to name a few. Explore the Island at will or take the guided audio tour and experience 'The Rock'.
- Alcatraz ferry
- Alcatraz admission tickets
- Alcatraz audio tour
- Tour along Highway 1 by the towns of Santa Cruz and Capitola
- 17-Mile Drive
- Carmel and Steinbeck's Cannery Row in Monterey
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 5-11)
Gray Line of San Francisco, 478 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Redeem your voucher on the day of your tour. Please arrive least 45 minutes before the tour departure.
- Buses are air-conditioned
- The size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day
- When selecting a date, you are selecting the day of the Monterey day trip. Your visit to Alcatraz will occur the following day. The exact entry time will be provided when you redeem your voucher, so please keep your schedule free for the day
- Monterey day trip departs at 8.00am
- Schedule subject to change. See calendar for updated details
Alcatraz Island remains one of San Francisco's greatest landmarks - and now you can experience its c...
Experience magnificent views of the San Francisco Bay on the way to Muir Woods National Monument. Yo...
Does the phrase “team building” inspire eye rolling and general skepticism from your workplace colle...
Trying to get the best value for your time and money in San Francisco? This package lets you to see ...
The world of experimentation is going in Sonoma County, with whiskeys being made not only from rye, ...
Sidewalk Food Tours of San Francisco offers an irresistible food tour in the cultural hotspot of Chi...