San Francisco Modern Museum of Art
- See the recently expanded and re-opened SFMOMA, with 7 floors of galleries, 3 dining options, 2 museum stores and more
- Visit rotating exhibitions featuring paintings, sculptures, photography, architecture and designs
- Download the app (iOS devices) to enjoy an audio tour with commentary
- Explore the contemporary exhibition, Art and China after 1989: Theater of the World
Come visit the museum that the NY Times described as “changing the face of museums going forward.” After a three-year closure, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) is once again open with a breathtaking new expansion.
Seamlessly integrating the original museum with a new 10-story building designed by international architects Snohetta, the museum begins by showcasing five works of contemporary art in a free-to-visit first floor.
You’ll see rotating exhibitions on view featuring the Fisher Collection of postwar and contemporary art, artwork received through the Campaign for Art and work from the museum’s exceptional collections of painting, sculpture, photography, architecture + design and media arts. The exhibit Art and China after 1989: Theater of the World presents works by more than sixty artists and artists’ groups that anticipated, chronicled, and agitated for the sweeping social transformation that placed China at the center of the conversation on globalization.
Take a break in one of the museum’s two restaurants or grab a coffee at the artisanal coffee bar on three.
Bring headphones and make the most of your visit with SFMOMA’s free immersive iOS app, including hundreds of 60-90 second audio reflections and responses to artworks in the galleries by composers, comedians, artists, and playwrights, among others. Audio guides are also available to rent at SFMOMA for a nominal fee.
- 1-day General Admission
- Public daily spotlight and/or exhibition tours
- Tickets exclude special exhibitions (exhibitions requiring a surcharge for admission)
- Visitors 18 and under are free of charge
- Seniors (65+)
- Young Adults (19-24)
151 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
You can enter the museum off Third St. or Howard St. Go to any ticketing desk on the 2nd floor. Coming by car? SFMOMA’s garage on Minna Street is a few steps from the museum’s main entrance on Third Street. It's convenient, and parking onsite directly supports the museum and its programs. Parking can be validated at the second floor Information Desk for all museum attendees.
- All visitors need a ticket, even those 18 and under
- Visitors 18 and under are free
- Your voucher (printed or mobile) must be redeemed on the 2nd floor at any of the ticketing desks, in exchange for a museum ticket; ID may be required upon request
- Bring headphones and download the free SFMOMA app (iOS)
- Coat and bag check is available on-site
- Multi-lingual maps available at museum
- Friday–Tuesday 10.00am-5.00pm
- Thursday 10.00am-9.00pm
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve 10.00am-4.00pm
- Open Wednesday, December 26 and New Year’s Day
- Closed on Wednesdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Haight Ashbury, Lombard Street, Civic Center, Union Square, Chi...
The California Academy of Sciences in Golden State Park, San Francisco is a place like no other. It'...
During the hop-on hop-off Official City Tour, you can see San Francisco with all its major sites inc...
A wonderful experience for first-time visitors to San Francisco! You'll discover the breathtaking vi...
A perfect option for first-time visitors, the San Francisco Flexi Attractions Pass offers the best a...
Depart San Francisco at 9.00am on a luxury coach to Livermore Valley. Enjoy scenic views of the Bay ...
Alcatraz, experience the legendary island that has been a Civil War Fort, a military prison and one ...
Personal tour guide for your party. One-on-one training. Wharf, Waterfront, Little Italy and Hills o...
Inside the 1000+ acre park, the opportunities are endless. You'll see the Conservatory of Flowers, A...