- Yosemite National Park like you've never seen it before
- Giant sequoias that will leave you breathless
- 1-day tour with maximum time in the park
- Expert tour guide
This one-day combination of Yosemite National Park & the Giant Sequoias tour from San Francisco is a great way to get the most out of your Yosemite Tour. The tour spends more time in the park (4-5 hours) than any other one day Yosemite tour available.
In the Yosemite Valley leg, you'll generally stop to see El Capitan, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, Bridalveil Falls, and Inspiration Point (aka Tunnel View). Unlike most tours, you will also drive to a higher altitude and a lesser traveled part of Yosemite National Park, for a chance to hike in the evergreen forest to see a grove of Giant Sequoia trees, the world's largest living things. Winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads, are recommended during winter from October to May.
The tour operator will always do what they can to make the trip enjoyable, but safety is “Job 1”, so the route and itinerary may be changed due to snow depth, road conditions, construction projects and detours. The Giant Sequoias hike is dependent on snow levels and trail conditions from October through May.
Audio guide available in Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese
Sample Itinerary (times are approximate):
- Pick up for your Yosemite tour at your hotel in downtown San Francisco or Fisherman's Wharf area.
- Continuing east, see the windmills and descend into the San Joaquin valley and stop for a break and a snack
- Begin the climb into the foothills, through gold country, and up into the Sierra Nevada range and Yosemite National Park
- Explore Yosemite's many amazing sights with an informative narrated valley tour from your guide. OR weather permitting* drive to the trail for a hike (two mile roundtrip hike) to the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias. – This stop is dependent on snow levels and trail conditions from October to May. See Winter Tour Itinerary. Pick up a to go lunch or snacks at the grocery/deli stop in the morning for you to enjoy a snack after your hike. Alternatively you can wait for a hot meal from one of the restaurants available near the Yosemite Lodge later in the afternoon
- Be amazed by Bridalveil Falls, El Capitan, Inspiration Point, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls and more! Enjoy a mini-hike and plenty of photo stops around the Yosemite Valley
- Begin your free time in the Yosemite Valley. Here you can visit the gift shops, have a relaxing hot meal, or get food to go and GO! Walk to the middle of the valley, up to the river banks, or get up close to the tallest waterfall in North America, Yosemite Falls
- Start the return trip, descending from the Sierras, with more great scenery as we follow the sun to the west
- Stop for a break, a stretch, and a bite to eat
- Continue back to San Francisco, enjoying views of the sunset over the East Bay hills, or the Peninsula and the city lights
- The Yosemite tour ends at your San Francisco Hotel front door
*Times are approximate
- Park entrance fees
- English guide
- Audioguide in Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese
Children (0-11 years old): reduced price
- Pickup time depends on your hotel location
- During checkout you will be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel in Downtown or Fisherman's Wharf
- If your hotel is not located in downtown or Fisherman's Wharf you need to call Extranomical Tours to arrange a pick up location and receive your pick up time
- Contact details provided with your booking confirmation voucher
Discover San Francisco’s best bars, pubs, and cafes on this laid-back walking tour of North Beach. K...
Treat yourself to this Monterey and Caramel tour for a two day and one night adventure! Guests will ...
Visit three neighborhoods on this San Francisco night segway tour, the most sensational way to see t...
On this relaxed, two-hour cruise, you’ll enjoy spectacular sunset views, live guitar music and light...
Join a local guide for an experience you'll never forgot on this San Francisco tour that takes a tru...
Venture north of San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient...
A comfortable bus tour and then cruise around the Bay for a close-up view of the infamous Alcatraz I...
Climb aboard a four-hour guided tour of San Francisco . At each stop, you'll have the chance to get ...
This New York harbor cruise totally respects your need to check off as many NYC bucket list items as...
Today the amazing lifestyle of Southern California awaits. You’ll start your experience in Huntingto...