Game of Thrones landscapes premium tour
- Discover some of the landscapes used to shoot the awarded TV-Show "Game of Thrones"
- Enjoy a beautiful view of Mundaka
- Climb up the stairway in San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
This will be a fantastic experience on the Basque Coast. You will also visit the scenarios in which the seventh season of Game of Thrones has been recorded, two of the most important treasures in the Basque Coast. “San Juan de Gaztelugatxe” and “Itzurun-Flysch en Zumaia”.
The first stop will be to visit the Basque Coast Geopark, that is a little area located between the Cantabrian Sea and Basque mountains. There, a boat will be ready to pick up the group.
The thirteen meters of cliffs in the Geopark keep some spectacular rock layers formations called Flysch which as if it were an encyclopedia, it shows us more than 60 millions of years about the Earth history. Both geologists and tourists can walk through these cliffs or make a trip on a boat in order to travel back in time and to discover, as an example, the black thin layer which evidences an asteroid impact and the big dinosaur extinction that took place 65 millions of years ago.
On the way to the next location, you will stop at Portuondo, from where you will be able to have a beautiful view of Mundaka. There you´ll enjoy a full traditional menú in a restaurant in Portuondo.
Then, you will visit San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. At the end of the stairway, you could place your feet into San Juan Bautista´s footprint and according to what it is said, it brings good luck. At the top, you will find a picturesque chapel as well as spectacular Cantabrian Sea views which has carved on the island several cliffs, tunnels and impossible arcs.
Once you have reached the top, do not forget to ring three times the chapel bell and to make a wish. Formerly, people did that in order to ask for fertility and to drive evil spirits or headaches away. The bell is handy and easy to touch so, ringing it would be a catching activity for children and also for adults.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in hotels in the city center with driver
- Private guide for the whole experience
- Boat Trip in Basque Coast Geopark
- Full menu in a traditional restaurant
- Guided Tour in San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
- Tips and gratuities for the restaurant or guide
Boulevard Zumardia, 8, 20003 Donostia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
You can meet your guide at the meeting point at San Sebastián Tourism Office, Boulevard Zumardia 8, San Sebastián
If you prefer to be picked up from your accommodation please contact the local operator after the booking to confirm the address. You'll find their contact details on the voucher
- Please, provide the tour operator with any special request you have or eating intolerances
- You can meet your guide at the meeting point or if you prefer to be picked up from your accommodation please contact the local operator after the booking to confirm the address. You'll find their contact details on the voucher
- This experience is available in English, French, Spanish and Basque
- A minimum of 2 people
- With a private tour guide, the activities can be adjusted to meet your needs
- Tuesday to Sunday at 9.00am
Visit San Sebastian's most interesting spots, learn about its people and its architecture, and enjoy...
Spain is widely famous for its wines' high quality, and the cradle of these wines, the land that pro...
This interesting experience of 6 hours consists of visiting one of the treasures of the city that on...
The history of Laguardia is written down its rocks which are waiting for the tourists in order to be...
A tasting of 5 pintxos, 5 drinks and 1 dessert in 5 different bars, all of them selected according t...
In the morning, once you arrive at Bilbao from San Sebastian, you'll do a tour around the most iconi...