Picos, Potes and Soplao cave day-trip from Santander
- You will go up to 1.823 meters with the cable Car of Fuente Dé
- Enjoy a visit of Potes, the capital of Liébana and one of the most beautiful villages in Spain
- Explore the famous cave of El Soplao
- Admire the Monastery of Santo Toribio, that it houses the Lignum Crucis, the largest piece of wood of the Cross of Jesus that is preserved
You will leave from Santander towards Fuente Dé at 8.30am and you will arrive around 10.00 am. You will take the cable car to go up to the upper station (it will only take you four minutes to be at a height of 1,823m above sea level). The breathtaking views from this place are simply guaranteed. You will spend there about one hour to take photos of the place and to explore the closest surroundings of the station. After this first stop, you will go to Potes. But before you will make a small stop to visit the Monastery of Santo Toribio. This is one of the four Holy places in the world that offer the Jubilee in Perpetuum. The importance of this monastery is due to the fact that it houses the Lignum Crucis, which is the largest piece of wood of the Cross of Jesus that is preserved.
The next stop will be in the village of Potes, where we will walk through its streets and take a break for lunch. The lunch will be a "cocido lebaniego", a typical dish of the region (a chickpeas stew). Potes is the capital of Liébana and is listed as one of the most beautiful villages in Spain. After lunch, you will have some time for shopping before starting the trip back to Santander.
Finally, we will lead to the Soplao cave, which is considered to be unique for the quality and quantity of its geological formations (speleothems). The visit to the cave is guided (only in Spanish) and will take one hour. After the visit, we will go back to Santander.
- Cable car tickets
- Entrance fees to the Soplao cave
- Visit to the Monastery of Santo Toribio
- Infants 0-1 years old: free
- Children 2-12 years old: reduced
Pick-up from your hotel in Santander. Alternatively, you should go to the tour operator office at C. Castelar, 49
- If you want the guide to enter into the cave and translate it for you, this will have an additional cost of € 13.00/person
- Wear warm clothes for the visit to the cave as the temperature inside the cave is of 12ºC all year
- Group size: min. 4 max. 8 people
The Centro Botín is an arts centre designed by the Italian architect Renzo Piano, in co-authorship w...
This is an excursion for people who love nature, mountains and rivers. In the morning you will go to...
You will visit the caves of El Castillo and Las Monedas in Puente Viesgo. Both are world heritage by...
Enjoy a relaxed afternoon visiting Comillas, a town that encompasses all of the elements necessary t...
You will leave from Santander towards the mountains of Rionansa. You will go across valleys, forests...
You will leave Santander towards the village of Potes. To arrive there you will cross the impressive...