Day tour of Sewell
- Discover the legendary mining camp placed in the middle of the Cordillera de los Andes
- Visit a World Heritage Site
Your journey to Sewell will include a stop at Maitenes Check Point where you will be surrounded by the beautiful mountains every step of the way. The industrial part of Sewell is distinctively marked by its steep descent. You will also have panoramic views at Mineral el Teniente such as the concentrator, industrial train station of Alto Colon and the Smelting of Caletones.
You will arrive at the mining camp of Sewell where you will appreciate the architecture and listen as the tourist guide recounts the history of the area. Your guide will show you through sites such as a miner's apartment, the higher employees building, the main stair of Sewell, the staff house, the theatre, social clubs and the church where you will also have a closer look to some of the main entrances of the mine, Cerro Negro and finally go to the museum of the great copper mining.
Afterwards, you will leave Sewell and head to Fuente Millán for a late lunch before returning to Santiago.
- Lunch at Fuente Millán
- Professional driver authorized to move through the copper road with monitored GPS system
- Full compliance with regulations
- Life insurance
- Tourist Guide in English or Spanish.
- Entry to the Museum of the great Copper Mining
Gral Bustamante 24, Departamento 2, Providencia, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Plaza Baquedano, General Bustamante Street, Next to the Movistar Building.
- Visitors to Sewell must be aged between 7 to 75 years old
- The tour can be suspended due to bad weather conditions
- You must be in a good state of health to compatible with altitude (2.200 msnm)
- Wear appropriate clothing for walking (no high heels or open shoes)
- Alcoholic drinks are forbidden, also people under the influence of alcohol will not be admitted
Discover the classic attractions of Santiago, the Chilean capital, on a 3-hour guided tour. Situated...
Enjoy a magical night of entertainment with a delicious international dinner and live show. The show...
After your arrival to Santiago Airport, this service will provide you with a safe and comfortable tr...
In the evening depart from your hotel in Santiago to discover a very different city. Touring the str...
Departure from your hotel in Santiago to begin the journey towards the city centre, where you will k...
Departing from your hotel in Santiago, you will start at Piedras Australes handicraft shop where you...