Suzhou and Zhouzhuang Water Village day tour
- Discover two picturesque Chinese towns, Suzhou and Zhouzhuang
- Travel down the ancient waterways in a traditional gondola boat
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city on this day trip
Appreciate China’s provincial delights during a full-day tour of two charming traditional towns from Shanghai. With an accomplished guide, stroll through the Master of Nets Garden, and cruise along the winding waterways of Zhozhuang on a Chinese-style gondola. Discover two picturesque Chinese towns, Suzhou and Zhouzhuang, each with its own unique characteristics.
Founded around 600 BC, Suzhou is one of the oldest settlements in the Yangtze basin. Often referred to as the "Venice of the East," its neighborhoods and interconnected waterways are truly a masterpiece. Suzhou was one of the few cities in China to escape the ravages of the Cultural Revolution, its celebrated gardens miraculously surviving largely intact. Visit the Master of Nets Garden, Grand Canal, and a silk factory while in Suzhou.
After lunch, you'll travel to Zhouzhuang. Well known for its beautiful natural environment and simple architecture, this city has remained remarkably well-preserved for over 900 years. The majority of the town's residences were built during the Ming and Qing dynasties; nearly 100 classic courtyards and 60 carved-brick archways from those periods are still in use! Travel by boat through the city’s waterways and past classic Zhouzhuang dwellings before return to Shanghai.
- Deluxe traditional Chinese lunch
- Main entrance fees
- English speaking guide
- Air-conditioned coach
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Infants under 2 years of age: free
- Children 2-9 years of age: reduced
Four departure/return meeting points:
1) The Kunlun Jing’an Hotel Concierge (former Hilton Shanghai) at 250 Huashan Road at 7.50am 2) Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World Concierge at 88 West Nanjing Road at 8.15am 3) The Westin Bund Center Shanghai Concierge at 88 Henan Central Road at 8.30am 4) Grand Kempinski Hotel Shanghai Concierge at 1288 Lujiazui Ring Road at 8.00am
- Please notify at least 72 hours in advance of health conditions, special food requests, or if you are physically disabled
- Every day at 8.30am
Your tour guide will meet you at your hotel at 11:00 - 12:00pm. After about an hour’s driving, you w...
On this tour, see such attractions as the beautiful Yu Yuan Gardens, the Bund waterway, and the form...
With its inviting views and outstanding scenery, Hangzhou was described by Marco Polo as “beyond dis...
Only 45 minutes from downtown Shanghai, discover China’s oldest and most-well protected water villag...
Experience the Venice of Shanghai on a 6-hour private tour. Enjoy a picturesque boat ride along the ...
Shanghai is known as “Paris of the East” and embodies innovation, technology and modernity like no o...