Suzhou and Zhouzhuang Water Village day tour
- Discover two picturesque Chinese towns, Suzhou and Zhouzhuang
- Travel down the ancient waterways in a traditional gondola boat
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city on this day trip
Appreciate China’s provincial delights during a full-day tour of two charming traditional towns from Shanghai. With an accomplished guide, stroll through the Master of Nets Garden, and cruise along the winding waterways of Zhozhuang on a Chinese-style gondola. Discover two picturesque Chinese towns, Suzhou and Zhouzhuang, each with its own unique characteristics.
Founded around 600 BC, Suzhou is one of the oldest settlements in the Yangtze basin. Often referred to as the "Venice of the East," its neighborhoods and interconnected waterways are truly a masterpiece. Suzhou was one of the few cities in China to escape the ravages of the Cultural Revolution, its celebrated gardens miraculously surviving largely intact. Visit the Master of Nets Garden, Grand Canal, and a silk factory while in Suzhou.
After lunch, you'll travel to Zhouzhuang. Well known for its beautiful natural environment and simple architecture, this city has remained remarkably well-preserved for over 900 years. The majority of the town's residences were built during the Ming and Qing dynasties; nearly 100 classic courtyards and 60 carved-brick archways from those periods are still in use! Travel by boat through the city’s waterways and past classic Zhouzhuang dwellings before return to Shanghai.
- Deluxe traditional Chinese lunch
- Main entrance fees
- English speaking guide
- Air-conditioned coach
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Infants under 2 years of age: free
- Children 2-9 years of age: reduced
Four departure/return meeting points:
1) The Kunlun Jing’an Hotel Concierge (former Hilton Shanghai) at 250 Huashan Road at 7.50am 2) Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World Concierge at 88 West Nanjing Road at 8.15am 3) The Westin Bund Center Shanghai Concierge at 88 Henan Central Road at 8.30am 4) Grand Kempinski Hotel Shanghai Concierge at 1288 Lujiazui Ring Road at 8.00am
- Please notify at least 72 hours in advance of health conditions, special food requests, or if you are physically disabled
- Every day at 8.30am
Experience this alluring city with a local aficionado of Shanghai nightlife and gain entry into Shan...
Known as the Venice of the East and China's garden city, Suzhou is a city steeped in history and nat...
Experience three of the must-see activities to do in Shanghai with this special package designed for...
Combine a sightseeing tour of Shanghai highlights with a more authentic city experience at the home ...
Get an insider's perspective of China's superstar city — from bustling bazaars to chic boutiques — a...
You will get a literal taste of the food culture of Shanghai in this food tour. You will first take ...