Historical bike tour through Val d' Orcia
- Discovers the landscapes of Valdorcia on bike
- Learn Tuscan recipes from a talented local chef
- Get honored by his Lordship greetings and gets awards for his courage
Your tour will begin in front of the house of Michele, your tour guide. Michele will introduce you to the history of Valdorcia, where in the year 1400 AC. Gino di Tacco, the sanguinary robber, infiltrated this area and no food could be supplied to the kitchen of the ploughmen. The Lord of the land asked the brave knights of the region to get the food back and save the townspeople. During this tour you will act as one of the brave knights who contributed to feeding the village, and tour by bike through the Valdorcia territories, crossing secret paths to escape from Ghino's vigilance. After riding a complete course of 28 Km with difference of altitude, you will return to Michele's house and learn how to cook a typical ancient recipe from the region. Finally, you will sit for a feast, raising merry wine glasses, as a special guest in Michele‘s home to celebrate your victory.
- Tour guide and bicycle trip through Valdorcia
- Cooking lesson
- Everything that is not clearly included
- Infant (ages 0-2) free
Via Santa Caterina da Siena, 43, 53027 San Quirico d'Orcia SI
In front of Hotel Palazzuolo.
- For this tour you will need to bring your own bicycles and cameras
- Kids under 14 years old have to be accompained by an adult during all the experience time
- If you have allergies or intollerances, please inform us in advance
- Saturdays at 9.00am
The beautiful city of Siena in Tuscany is where you find the great Cathedral of Siena, an impressive...
Brunello, presently considered the best wine in the world, has its ancestral roots in the passion of...
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Tuscan countryside by vintage Fiat 500 on an 8-hour scenic...
Discover a resort and spa in Tuscany, where Italian hospitality is combined with an unforgettable we...
Taste and enjoy a typical meal, in an authentic Tuscan style. It will be guided by one of the family...
Maxi Wine Tasting €18 per person (Min 2 persons)Tasting 4 Organical Wines - White Vernaccia - White...