San Gimignano tour from Siena with typical wine and product tasting
- Enjoy a wine tasting in the Tuscan countryside
- Discover the beauty of San Gimignano
- Visit to a famous estate with tour of the wine cellar
- Appreciate the quality of Santa Fina pottery
North-west of Siena, on the hills of Val d'Elsa, stands the medieval town of San Gimignano. Defined as the town "with a hundred towers", owing to the presence of these impressive buildings symbolising power and wealth, till the thirteenth century the town counted seventytwo towers, fourteen of them are still standing today.
Due to the development of trade on the Via Francigena, crossed by thousands of pilgrims in the Middle Ages on their way to Rome, San Gimignano possesses interweave with the secrets of the local wine and gastronomy in a potpourri of fragrances and tastes, that an expert tour leader gives you the opportunity of tasting.
This experience will give you the possibility to appreciate the particular beauty of Santa Fina pottery and local handicrafts.
You will also have the opportunity to discover the history of the only Tuscan white wine recognized as D.O.C.G., the famous Vernaccia, which you will taste in one of the most renowned wine cellars of the San Gimignano area, with a big selection of other typical wines and products.
- Pick-up and drop-off services
- Travel by minivan with air conditioning for a maximum of 8 people
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Wine, oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Snack with sliced cold meat and typical salami
- Child 3-12 years: reduced
- Infant 0-2 years: free of charge
Pick-up service from your accommodation in Siena
- Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Pick-up from your accommodation
- Departure time: 8.30am (check-in closes 15min before departure)
- Drop-off to your accommodation
- Return time: around 01.30pm
Brunello, presently considered the best wine in the world, has its ancestral roots in the passion of...
Visit one of the most unique and romantic cities in the world, made up of 118 islands connected by o...
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Tuscan countryside by vintage Fiat 500 on an 8-hour scenic...
Fattoria di Cinciano è un'azienda vinicola nel cuore del Chianti Classico e il suo patrimonio, con i...
Taste and enjoy a typical meal, in an authentic Tuscan style. It will be guided by one of the family...
Maxi Wine Tasting €18 per person (Min 2 persons)Tasting 4 Organical Wines - White Vernaccia - White...