Private family hiking tour of Matka Canyon with Millenium Cross and Nerezi village
- Spend a full-day with the family on a guided hiking tour
- Discover the oldest artificial lake in the country
- See two monasteries frescoed walls
- Get a free e-guide of the region to download on your smartphone
Enjoy an adventurous full-day with the family on a guided hiking tour (approx. 6-8 hours) in the Matka canyon. Visit the the monastery of St Nikola Shioshevski, old boonkers, Milenium cross, the vilage of Nerezi with its old monastery St Panteleimon and the ethno-vilage museum. Your tour will finish at the Vodno mountain parking.
- Matka - a canyon located west of Skopje, Macedonia. Covering roughly 5,000 hectares
- Matka - popular outdoor destinations in Macedonia and home to several medieval monasteries. The Matka Lake within the Matka Canyon is the oldest artificial lake in the country. The canyon area is home to several historic churches and monasteries
- St Andrew's Monastery - built in 1389 by King Vukašin's son Andrijaš and situated in the gorge of the Treska River, it contains frescoes painted by Jovan the Metropolitan
- Matka Monastery - built in the 14th century, is located on the left bank of the Treska
- St Nicholas Monastery - located on a cliff above the canyon and St Andrew's Monastery the monastery offers a unique view high above the canyon. It contains an iconstasis of the church was painted in 1645, while the western side was frescoed in 1630
- Professional guide
- E-guide to load on smartphones
- Transportation (from the city to Matka Canyon and from the middle of Vodno mountain to the city is 2 EUR per person payable on the spot)
- Ticket for the museum
- Personal expenses
Meet your guide in the lobby of your hotel. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Tours are available for a minimum and maximum of 4 people
- Displayed prices are priced per person, at checkout you will be required to pay full tour price for 4 people
- Daily at 9.00am
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
There's a lot to do and a lot to see in Barcelona so if you want to explore the best bits of this co...
Lago Taurito is a waterpark with a difference – it uses saltwater. And it's more than just as waterp...
Sightseeing is made easy with this fun and informative tourist train around Tarragona. Hop on at any...
Explore the most important sights in the center of the Macedonian capital on a private 3-hour guided...
Explore the most important sights in the center of the Macedonian capital then travel to the nearby ...