Balkan horse riding - Glozhene Monastery ride
- See the countryside and mountains from your own horse
- Take an adventurous day trip to the Bulgarian mountains
- Visit St. George Monastery over the village of Glozhene
- Get a splendid view of the terrain
Enjoy a picturesque horse riding tour which will enchant you from the very first moment. Suitable for all ages and families, this tour is the best way to see the country side and the beautiful Bulgarian mountains on a day trip from Sofia. The centuries old St. George Monastery is perched on a high rock in the midst of Teteven Balkan overhanging the village of Glozhene. The ride starts from the village of Golyam Izvor, a 1-hour drive from Sofia. The terrain is mountainous, as the trail passes through centuries old beech forests and high pastures. After your trail ride, enjoy lunch during your visit to St. George Monastery.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Rent of a saddled horse and a helmet
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Horses are cross-breeds between the local East-Bulgarian and Karakachan with a mid-height of 150 cm. Tack: Western or military
Spend an afternoon like locals do. Explore Sofia’s fascinating and historical city centre, taste Bul...
Take a Pokemon-walking tour of Sofia as your expert Pokemon guide shows you all the Pokemon Shops an...
Enjoy this day trip from Sofia to see and learn about ancient history, visit a spa and taste local w...
Teteven Balkan, one of the most beautiful parts of the Balkan Mountains, is situated very close to S...
On this tour, in one single day, it is possible to visit three of the most important landmarks in Bu...
Sofia’s nice sized city center can easily be visited on foot, but it is a lot more interesting and f...