Pompeii all inclusive from Sorrento with pizza lunch
- 2-hour fully guided tour through the ancient Pompeii with an expert, local guide
- Authentic Neapolitan pizza lunch
- Round trip transportation from Sorrento by private air-conditioned coach
When Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD, it left a flourishing city in ruin, but it also captured a day in the life of a Pompeian forever fossilized – turning what once was tragic into modern day magic. These ominous ruins, immortalized in pumice and ash, have quite literally allowed history to be frozen in time. Like no other experience on Earth, you’ll enjoy a fully-guided 2-hour tour of an absolutely awe-inspiring archeological area. Walk among the stone-slabbed streets where Pompeian villagers and aristocrats alike once went about their daily activities.
Follow your expert local guide as they recreate the hustle and bustle of this once-busy port town, explaining what each building was used for, where families ate their meals, did laundry and socialized – and where sailors went when they docked. They’ll recreate for you the final days of Pompeii as you examine the harrowing death casts scattered around these ruins at the foot of Mt. Vesuvius.
Explore their homes, including domuses (residences of the ancient elite), and marvel at the brightly painted frescoes and marvelous mosaics. Your guide will bring these relics back to life through rich, entertaining and educating stories, including details only locals would know.
Once you’ve seen it all, you'll enjoy a short break for souvenir shopping or perhaps a spot of coffee from the authentic artisans and local vendors, before heading to the restaurant for your delicious pizza lunch.
- Roundtrip transportation from Sorrento
- Air conditioned and comfortable bus
- English-speaking local guides
- Entrance ticket, reservation fees and skip the line for Pompeii excavation site
- Traditional Neapolitan pizza lunch
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food/beverage (not mentioned in the inclusions)
- Child (2-14 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-1 years old): free
Piazza Angelina Lauro, 22-41, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
On the side of the square bordering with the Corso Italia street
- This tour ends around 2.45pm in Sorrento
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff
- Your City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets to be easily recognizable at the meeting point
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Meeting Time: 07:45am
- Departure Time: 08:00am
Drive along the Amalfi Coast taking in spectacular views, rolling hills, and quaint towns, see the s...
The Amalfi Coast is home to some of the most beautiful scenery the world has to offer. Its lush peak...
You will meet your tour operator in Sorrento to embark on an incredible voyage to the island whose b...
Il frantoio Gargiulo produce olio extravergine di oliva da anni conservando le tradizioni di frantoi...
Set off from Sorrento for a relaxing day experiencing the natural beauty of Capri on this private 6-...
Spend an unforgettably beautiful day cruising along the Amalfi Coast on this 6-hour private boat exc...