Full-day tour to Ragusa and Modica with lunch included from Siracusa
- A full-day tour to visit Ragusa and Modica
- A dleicious lunch in a local trattoria to taste Sicilian dishes
- Discover Modica and its chocolate tradition
- See Ragusa, a Unesco World Heritage Site
The city of Ragusa is located in the Iblean mountains and, along with Ragusa, it is part of UNESCO Heritage Sites of Sicily. The main economy of the area revolves around dairy cheese & agricultural products like olives, carobs, legumes, and grains.
Upon arrival we walk through the historical town of Ragusa Ibla highlights the wide array of Baroque architecture in Sicily, including several stunning palaces and churches. Light lunch in a local trattoria.
This afternoon, a short drive takes us to Modica a small village famous for the chocolate. Modica’s chocolate is one of the most famous products of the Ragusa area. It is still made the same way the ancient Aztecs made chocolate in Mexico and its tradition dates back to the 16th century. The technique was brought over by the Spaniards who in turn learned about it in what is now Mexico. We will then return to Syracuse.
- One light lunch at local trattoria in Ragusa
- Vehicle/coach with air conditioning
- English speaking staff
- All visits & tasting as per itinerary
- Gratuities and tips
- Beverages not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Admission fees
No reductions available
Corso Umberto I 10, 96100 Siracusa SR, Italia
Near Milano Hotel
- Departure from Siracusa
- This tour is land only.
- Number of participants:
- Minimum: 2 / Maximum: 18
- This tour is operated only with a Driver-Escort up to 8 people. The Driver Escort is not a Licensed Tourist Guide. The Driver Escort is not a Licensed Tourist Guide. Licensed Tourist Guide: are the only professionals, with a Regional license, permitted to conduct visits and tours in all sites and museums within a city. The Driver Escort cannot escort people inside the monuments because this is not allowed by Italian law. However, he has the competences to promote the most important highlights providing basic historical & cultural information. For groups with 8, 9 or more participants, this tour is operated with a Tour Director.
- Please note: the price of this tour does not include the admission fees.
- Our agency does not discriminate in any way based on religion, race/national origin, political affiliation or any other factors. We reserve the right to expel from the tour any participant whose behavior toward other participants obviously does not conform to this policy. It is important that our tours be undertaken in a social environment which creates a friendly, memorable experience for all participants. Thank you for your understanding.
- meeting time at 8.30am
- departure time at 8.45am
Throughout this 2-hour private guided tour of Syracuse you will enjoy the most important treasures o...
A great day out, packed with nature & adventures!Your driver will pick you up from your hotel betwee...
Walking tour through the bustling markets and historical squares of the city centre of Catania to ta...
Discover the Sicilian hinterland and the Tyrrhenian coast by visiting two of the most important citi...
Take this unique occasion to admire Mount Etna in the evocative atmosphere of the sunset. The volcan...
Exploring the Sicilian volcano Etna aboard a buggy is a true once-in-a-lifertime experience. Setting...
Excursion by bus with multilingual tour leader on board towards Syracuse, one of the most ancient Gr...
The first step is the visit of Castelmola, a picturesque village just above Taormina. Here you can e...
Planeta brings together five estates with wineries located from west to east throughout Sicily. It i...
Spectacularly perched on the side of a mountain, Taormina is one of Sicily's most popular destinatio...