Full-day tour to Ragusa and Modica with lunch included from Siracusa
- A full-day tour to visit Ragusa and Modica
- A dleicious lunch in a local trattoria to taste Sicilian dishes
- Discover Modica and its chocolate tradition
- See Ragusa, a Unesco World Heritage Site
The city of Ragusa is located in the Iblean mountains and, along with Ragusa, it is part of UNESCO Heritage Sites of Sicily. The main economy of the area revolves around dairy cheese & agricultural products like olives, carobs, legumes, and grains.
Upon arrival we walk through the historical town of Ragusa Ibla highlights the wide array of Baroque architecture in Sicily, including several stunning palaces and churches. Light lunch in a local trattoria.
This afternoon, a short drive takes us to Modica a small village famous for the chocolate. Modica’s chocolate is one of the most famous products of the Ragusa area. It is still made the same way the ancient Aztecs made chocolate in Mexico and its tradition dates back to the 16th century. The technique was brought over by the Spaniards who in turn learned about it in what is now Mexico. We will then return to Syracuse.
- One light lunch at local trattoria in Ragusa
- Vehicle/coach with air conditioning
- English speaking staff
- All visits & tasting as per itinerary
- Gratuities and tips
- Beverages not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Admission fees
No reductions available
Corso Umberto I 10, 96100 Siracusa SR, Italia
Near Milano Hotel
- Departure from Siracusa
- This tour is land only.
- Number of participants:
- Minimum: 2 / Maximum: 18
- This tour is operated only with a Driver-Escort up to 8 people. The Driver Escort is not a Licensed Tourist Guide. The Driver Escort is not a Licensed Tourist Guide. Licensed Tourist Guide: are the only professionals, with a Regional license, permitted to conduct visits and tours in all sites and museums within a city. The Driver Escort cannot escort people inside the monuments because this is not allowed by Italian law. However, he has the competences to promote the most important highlights providing basic historical & cultural information. For groups with 8, 9 or more participants, this tour is operated with a Tour Director.
- Please note: the price of this tour does not include the admission fees.
- Our agency does not discriminate in any way based on religion, race/national origin, political affiliation or any other factors. We reserve the right to expel from the tour any participant whose behavior toward other participants obviously does not conform to this policy. It is important that our tours be undertaken in a social environment which creates a friendly, memorable experience for all participants. Thank you for your understanding.
- meeting time at 8.30am
- departure time at 8.45am
Throughout this 2-hour private guided tour of Syracuse you will enjoy the most important treasures o...
Un tour a piedi attraverso i vivaci mercati e le piazze storiche del centro della città di Catania, ...
Discover Pantalica, a unique archaeological site and nature reserve near Syracuse. This half-day tou...
Meet your local guide and start this 1h30m tour that will let you discover the most important ancien...
Exploring the Sicilian volcano Etna aboard a buggy is a true once-in-a-lifertime experience. Setting...
This private walking tour explores Ortygia, the old town centre of Syracuse, placed on a small islan...
Tenuta Monte Gorna is a family-run company characterized for its passion for local soil and wine, a ...
The first step is the visit of Castelmola, a picturesque village just above Taormina. Here you can e...
During this day-long guided tour in a 4x4 jeep, you'll learn the history and the science behind the ...
During this guided tour in a 4x4 jeep, you will learn the biology, the geology and the volcanology o...