Enjoy a fun excursion to Mount Etna, the highest volcano in Europe and a UNESCO site since 2013. Arrive at the 'Rifugio Sapienza' at 1,900 meters. There will be the possibility for an optional lunch or snack. Then, ascend by cable car up to 2,500 meters and continue onboard a jeep up to the authorized crater zones at approximately 3,000 meters with your licensed guide of the CAI (Italian Alpine Club). Admire the beauty from the security of an established safety zone.
Day trips & excursions
Etna tour from Taormina
Availability: Monday and Saturday
Duration: 8 hours
Language: English , Italian , German
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Focus on the discovery of Mount Etna
- Reach 1900 meters with a multilingual tour leader
- Walk in the authorized area escorted by your Alpine Guide
- Upgrade to the summit craters area
What to expect
- All round transportation as per itinerary
- Multilingual tour leader and alpine guide services as per program
- Free hotel pick-up for the accommodations on the route is also available upon request
What's not included
- Meals and drinks
- Other extras
- Infants under 3 years of age: free
- Children 3-12 years of age: reduced
Bus Terminal at Via Pirandello, Taormina
Getting out from Porta Messina Arch, take the Via Pirandello on the right and continue down until you reach the Bus Terminal on the right hand side.
What to remember
- Please bring warm clothing and suitable shoes
- Monday and Saturday 8.30am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.