Petra & Wadi Rum 3-day tour from Tel Aviv
- Spend three full days seeing the best of what Jordan has to offer
- Explore one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Petra
- Ride in a 4x4 in Wadi Rum, the 'Valley of the Moon"
- View the stunning contrast of desert landscapes and fertile plains
- Taste delicious traditional Bedouin food
Your three fully-packed days begin in Tel Aviv, as you'll head toward the Jordanian border. You'll cross at the Jordan River Border Crossing, and enter Jordan, driving through the Judean desert for about an hour. Your first stop will be Jerash, one of the best-preserved Roman provincial towns in the world. The historical city contains an ancient cardo, a hippodrome, oval forum, temples, and Hadrian’s arch. You'll stop for lunch at a local restaurant, and then continue on to the Citadel in Amman, the modern-day Jordanian capital. In the citadel you will learn about Amman’s cultural importance and remnants of ancient civilizations. From here you'll go to a Bedouin camp near Petra where you will enjoy authentic Bedouin hospitality, including an Arab-style dinner and a comfortable bed for the night.
Waking up early the next morning, you'll have a quick breakfast before to get on the bus and depart for Petra. This day of the trip is focused entirely on Petra, a famous archaeological site set in a stunning red sandstone landscape. One of the new seven wonders of the world, and the highlight of this trip, Petra was once a major crossroads of the ancient Near East, and its Nabataean people flourished through commerce. You will have the whole morning to tour Petra with your guide, before taking a lunch break at a local restaurant. Then in the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to explore the various sites, such as the monastery, on your own before heading back to camp for dinner and another night in the Bedouin camp.
The third day of this tour will be spent in the exquisite desert landscape of Wadi Rum, virtually untouched by humanity. You will travel through the vast scenic desert valley on a 4×4 Jeep tour, providing you with the best possible experience of this moon-like landscape, the red sand dunes, towering cliffs of weathered stone, and desert animals. After the jeep ride you'll have lunch at a local restaurant, then head back to the Allenby bridge border crossing, and arrive in Tel Aviv by late evening.
- Full transportation to all sites
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance fees
- 4x4 Jeep tour in Wadi Rum
- Accommodation in Bedouin campsite
- Custom-made travel app for smartphones & tablets
- Meals (lunch and dinner on first day, breakfast, lunch and dinner on second day, and breakfast and lunch on third day)
- Border taxes – PAYABLE ONLY IN CASH: Israeli exit fee of 106 ILS, payable with ILS, USD or EUR. Jordanian exit fee of 10 Jordanian Dinar, payable only cash JOD (there is an option to exchange while crossing into Jordan, on the Jordanian side)
- Travel insurance
- Tips (tipping is a part of the culture and economy of tourism in the Middle East, in a similar way to restaurants in the USA and Europe). Recommended tip is 3-5 USD per person per day for the guide, 1-3 USD per person per day for the driver
- Please note the reduced price is available only for children up to 11 years old. They need to show a valid passport
Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv: Levontin Street, Tel Aviv, Israele
Meeting point is in the lobby of Abraham Hostel (Levontin Street, Tel Aviv)
- IMPORTANT - VISA INFORMATION: you must login HERE with your Email and Booking ID to enter your passport info at least 48 hours prior to travel or you may be unable to join the tour. Also, please download important Visa and border documents HERE.
- Please bring with you: valid passport, money for border crossing and exit fee, warm clothes for the night, you camera. We suggest you also bring cash for drinks, snacks, souvenirs, tips etc. (only JOD or USD are accepted in Jordan)
- Religious objects and clothing: please be aware that certain religious clothing and objects can create issues for travelers at the Border crossing. If you wish to bring such items, please get in touch prior to the tour.
- If you are traveling alone, you may need to share a room with someone of the same gender, depending on the size of the group. If you prefer to reserve a room only for yourself, there is a single supplement of 150 ILS. Just let us know when booking.
- Israeli citizens: please note, this tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders, due to restrictions. If you have Israeli Citizenship in addition to a foreign passport, please contact us prior to the tour for special instructions regarding the border crossings
- Other Visa info: Jordan permits most Western countries to receive a travel visa at the border crossing. However, residents of some countries need to apply for a visa in advance. For re-entry into Israel, please ensure you are eligible for a Visa on Arrival, or have already arranged a multiple entry visa for Israel in advance. Check with your local embassy, or online
- Muslim holidays: during Islamic Holy Days (especially Ramadan), some sites may be closed or visiting times shortened.
- Unfortunately religious meal requirements (such as Kosher or Halal) are unable to be accommodated on this tour
- Please note the reduced price is available only for children up to 11 years old. They need to show a valid passport.
- Cancellation policy:
- Up to 1 week before departure – Partial 50% refund or change of date (subject to availability and any difference in price)
- Up to 2 weeks before departure – Partial 80% refund or change of date (subject to availability and any difference in price)
- Up to 1 month before departure – Full refund, minus 10% administration and payment processing fee or change of date
- For more information you can call the +972 2 566 0045 between 9am and 9pm (Israel time)
- tour starts at 6.00 am from Tel Aviv
Leaving Tel Aviv in the morning, you'll be driven up the Israeli side of the Jordan Valley and cross...
This Tel Aviv pub crawl will show you the wild and vibrant nightlife of this city that never sleeps....
Your Tel Aviv bike tour takes you through the real Tel Aviv, and gives you the chance to see how peo...
Departing from Tel Aviv, you will head to Bethlehem to explore the city before it becomes bustling w...
On your 3-city, 2-day tour you will visit Caesarea, Acre and Golan with a 1-night stay in a hotel in...
Departing Tel Aviv you will be driven through the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea region, the lowest o...
Explore an intriguing region which can be difficult for some travelers to visit alone. On your guide...
On this tour you will see the fortress of Masada, Ein Gedi nature reserve, and the Dead Sea, departi...
Join this tour to Masada, Ein Gedi and Dead Sea Tour and visit three sites full of natural beauty an...
Departing every day, your Masada Sunrise tour leaves nice and early to allow you to experience the f...