Astronomy tour on Mount Teide
- The perfect tour on Teide for astronomy lovers
- Guided afternoon visit of the world's largest solar observatory
- Stargazing by night using telescopes in Teide National Park
The Astronomy tour is the perfect trip for star lovers, with transport also offered from various points on the island of Tenerife. Your astronomy tour of Teide includes an afternoon guided tour of the largest solar observatory in the world, the Teide Observatory, and after the sunset, a stargazing experience using a long-range telescope under the clear skies of the Teide National Park; the most visited national park in Europe. Your tour also includes a stop to enjoy a picnic, which you can select to purchase with your tour.
With your Astronomy tour guide, on the afternoon guided tour to Teide Observatory, you will feel like a scientist for a day while learning about the Canary Islands Institute of Astrophysics, also known as IAC. You will participate in an astrophysics workshop, held in the Teide Observatory visitors center, shared with you by Starlight guides and observe sunspots and solar flares through two solar telescopes
After the guided visit in the afternoon of the world’s largest solar observatory, you will experience the spectacular sunset in the National Park, before beginning the stargazing experience. Under Mount Teide's night sky, it is possible to observe 83 of the 88 constellations. You will discover planets, galaxies, thanks to our professional and modern long-range telescopes.
- Starlight guide
- Guided visit of the Teide Observatory
- Astronomy observation with long range telescopes
- Children (8-13 years): reduced
- The Astronomy Tour is not recommended for people with general health problems (breathing or heart problems, injuries, reduced mobility, etc.), as groups will move about within the Observatory on irregular gravel paths
- Bring warm clothing and proper footwear
- No littering, taking rocks, plants or animals is permitted in National Parks
- It is prohibited to make fire, loud noises or to camp in National Parks
- Tours with pick-up from the North of the island operate on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Tours with pick-up from the South of the island operate on Mondays and Thursdays
- Pick-up time varies seasonally, depending on the sunset, around 3.30pm
Now this is an activity that all the family, whatever age, can join in on. ViVo minigolf in Las Amer...
One room. One team. 60 minutes to escape. Can you work together to make it out in time? In the middl...
Town and country – this varied excursion mixes up some of the best Tenerife has to offer. You'll vis...
Abades is a sheltered and shallow bay on the southeast coast of Tenerife – an ideal spot to try out ...
Showcasing the best performers from the decade of big hair and even bigger pop hits, Children of the...
The lesser explored north of Tenerife will be yours for the taking on this full day tour. You'll ven...