The Old Town Tokyo Food Tour - On this tour guests will visit the charming area of Yanaka – one of the few remaining districts in Tokyo where the shitamachi (downtown) atmosphere– a feeling of Tokyo from past decades, still survives. The Yanaka area is filled with a feeling of nostalgia and a rustic charm. Our tour will offer you a sightseeing opportunity different from the “big city” feel of other parts of Tokyo. Try dishes from small family businesses that have cold this area “home” for decades. This tour ends with a very unique green tea and traditional wagashi (Japanese sweets) experience in a special shop run by the 4th generation family owner.
Old Town Tokyo Food Tour
Language: English , Japanese
Availability: Wednesday to Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 3 hours
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- 3-hour tour of Tokyo’s Yanaka District, old town ambiance reminiscent of Tokyo from past decades.
- Visit small shops and try local specialties.
- Enjoy a regional lunch.
- See how the Yanaka area is a great place for locals and visitors alike.
- Explore the art community and see wonderful galleries housed in traditional buildings.
- Finish up with a wonderful traditional tea ceremony in a hidden gem antique shop.
What to expect
- Wagashi and Tea Experience
- Dishes and drinks at 6 Food Stops
- Lunch in restaurant
- Shopping Time
- Local English speaking guide
What's not included
- Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
- Transportation costs
- Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)
- Infant (0-2): Free
- Children (3-12): Reduced
Japan, 〒110-0001 東京都台東区谷中７丁目２０−6 谷中ホームズ
Please meet in front of Coffee Room Renoir Nippori, Yanaka.
What to remember
- Infants must sit on your lap
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly
- Please wear comfy clothes and shoes
- This tour must have a minimum of 2 participants
- Wednesday to Saturday
- Tour begins at 10.30 am to 1:30 pm
Arigato Travel KK
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the activity begins. If you cancel up to 3 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund.