Habsburg Trieste: 2.5-hour private walking tour with a guide
- Meet your guide straight at Trieste cruise port (super convienient if you're coming from a cruise ship!)
- See Piazza Unità d'Italia, the most beautiful square in Europe that directly overlooks the sea
- Admire the stunning Canal Grande, that allows the docking of ships in the commercial heart of the city
- See the beautiful sites of Teatro Verdi, Palazzo Gopcevich, Palazzo Scaramagnà and Piazza Ponterosso
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Trieste from a very interesting historical perspective. This place is - strangely - still quite "ignored" by most of the touristy flows, but it represents a real gem of Italy, although geographically isolated from the rest of Italy.
During this tour you will explore the most important places, squares and buildings which still represent the symbols of the strong Habsburg domination of this territory. As a prosperous seaport in the Mediterranean region, Trieste became indeed the fourth largest city of the Austro-Hungarian Empire (after Vienna, Budapest, and Prague).
The walking tour will start from Trieste cruise port, from where you'll start your walk towards the wonderful Piazza Unità d'Italia ("square of the Italian unification"), with its stunning view on the sea and its ancient palaces. You will then visit Borgo Teresiano and spot Piazza della Borsa and the theater dedicated to the worldwide famous Giuseppe Verdi.
Walk through the pictoresque Canal Grande and continue your visit to the Tergesteo until you reach the elegant Palazzo Gopcevich and Palazzo Scaramagnà.
Enter Piazza Ponterosso, the heart of the ancient Borgo Teresiano and walk thorugh Via San Nicolò, while you enjoy its pretty boutique and restaurants. Oh, and don't forget to bring your camera along!
- expert tour guide
- food & drinks
- entrance fees to museums/attractions (in case you decide to visit any of them in particular)
Your guide will be waiting for you in front of the entrance of "Promotrieste - Centro congressi stazione marittima"
- please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
- the tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- this tour runs every day at 9.00am, 10.00am, 11.00am, 2.00pm, 3.00pm and 4.00pm
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Trieste. This ...
Live an off-road experience with on the famous Napoleonica track, going from uphill Trieste all alon...
Discover Trieste in comfort, aboard a bus, exploing the most beautiful sights and attractions the ci...
Sabato 27 Ottobre - GENAU pres. Freddy K (Key Vinyl - Elettronica Romana / It) more info to come.......