The best of the Egyptian Museum tickets and guided tour
- Discover all the treasures of the Egyptian Museum in Turin
- Follow your guide among the highlights and be involved with the world of Ancient Egypt
- Avoid the queue with priority entrance
- Great care from your guide in a small group
Visit the second most important museum in the world entirely dedicated to Egyptian antiquities: your guide knows how to select for you the most important exhibits of the museum, so you will enjoy a surprising experience!
The Egyptian Museum in Turin opened its new and fascinating exhibition in 2015 and its wonderful collection is now spread over four levels. The tour will guide you in the selection to let you discover the most important finds. A journey through more than 3,000 years of history of Egyptian civilization, suitable for adults and children.
The Regio Museo delle Antichità Egizie was formally founded in 1824 with the acquisition of a large collection by King Carlo Felice. This was assembled by Bernardino Drovetti, of Piedmontese origin. Champollion arrived in Turin as the Drovetti Collection was being unpacked, and, within a few months of excited activity, produced a catalogue raisonné of the collections. It was Champollion who famously wrote: "The road to Memphis and Thebes passes through Turin".
You will wander among objects of everyday life, colossal statues, mummies and amulets, to find religious beliefs, lifestyle and traditions of the Nile and the land of the Pharaohs.
Not to be missed: the Papyrus's Kings, the Pre-Dynastic Mummy, the Gebelein Canvas, the Papyrus of the Strike, the Tomb of Kha and Merit, the Nefertari Kit, the statuary and the Temple of Ellesija.
- Guided visit of the museum
- Entrance tickets
- Headphones (if needed)
- Pick-up service and drop-off
- Children 6-14 years old
- Free entrance for children up to 5 years old
Via Accademia delle Scienze, 6, 10123 Torino TO, Italy
Piazza Carignano 8, Torino - in front of Caffetteria Pepino (you will recognise your guide from a white folder).
- Gathering time: 15 minutes before the tour starts
- For safety reasons, it is forbidden to bring into the Museum bags and luggage in excess of the size 40 x 30 x 15 cm. In the course of visiting the backpacks are not allowed. Visitors are asked to leave luggage not allowed in the cloakroom. The luggage room is kept at a cost of 1€
- Photography allowed, but strictly without flash
- According to the group, the tour can take place in a single language or in two languages
- Monday and Friday 10.15 am: English
- Wednesday and Thursday 4.00 pm: Italian
"La strada per Menfi e Tebe passa per Torino". Lo disse Champollion, archeologo ed egittologo che pe...
You’ve just walked past all the people waiting in line. Welcome to one of the world’s most celebrate...
Visit the elegant apartments hidden behind the simple facade of the Royal Palace, listed by UNESCO, ...
CioccolaTOUR: This private itinerary was born to allow you to discover the history, traditions and c...
With the Torino+Piemonte Card you will have all the cultural and tourist offers of the Piedmont at h...
Skip the long lines and take your time to see the Last Supper, the masterpiece by Leonardo da Vinci....
Visit the charming historical center of Turin and walk through its main historical squares. The squa...
Turin is the fourth Italian city in terms of population and it is considered one of the major busine...
Discover the Egyptian Museum of Turin on this private guided tour and to go back in time and relive ...
Aperitour is a guided tour through the places of the aperitif tradition in Turin. Along this tour yo...