The best of the Egyptian Museum tickets and guided tour
- Discover all the treasures of the Egyptian Museum in Turin
- Follow your guide among the highlights and be involved with the world of Ancient Egypt
- Avoid the queue with priority entrance
- Great care from your guide in a small group
Visit the second most important museum in the world entirely dedicated to Egyptian antiquities: your guide knows how to select for you the most important exhibits of the museum, so you will enjoy a surprising experience!
The Egyptian Museum in Turin opened its new and fascinating exhibition in 2015 and its wonderful collection is now spread over four levels. The tour will guide you in the selection to let you discover the most important finds. A journey through more than 3,000 years of history of Egyptian civilization, suitable for adults and children.
The Regio Museo delle Antichità Egizie was formally founded in 1824 with the acquisition of a large collection by King Carlo Felice. This was assembled by Bernardino Drovetti, of Piedmontese origin. Champollion arrived in Turin as the Drovetti Collection was being unpacked, and, within a few months of excited activity, produced a catalogue raisonné of the collections. It was Champollion who famously wrote: "The road to Memphis and Thebes passes through Turin".
You will wander among objects of everyday life, colossal statues, mummies and amulets, to find religious beliefs, lifestyle and traditions of the Nile and the land of the Pharaohs.
Not to be missed: the Papyrus's Kings, the Pre-Dynastic Mummy, the Gebelein Canvas, the Papyrus of the Strike, the Tomb of Kha and Merit, the Nefertari Kit, the statuary and the Temple of Ellesija.
- Guided visit of the museum
- Entrance tickets
- Headphones (if needed)
- Pick-up service and drop-off
- Children 6-14 years old
- Free entrance for children up to 5 years old
Via Accademia delle Scienze, 6, 10123 Torino TO, Italy
Piazza Carignano 8, Torino - in front of Caffetteria Pepino (you will recognise your guide from a white folder).
- Minimum 2 people required
- Gathering time: 15 minutes before the tour starts
- For safety reasons, it is forbidden to bring into the Museum bags and luggage in excess of the size 40 x 30 x 15 cm. In the course of visiting the backpacks are not allowed. Visitors are asked to leave luggage not allowed in the cloakroom. The luggage room is kept at a cost of 1€
- Photography allowed, but strictly without flash
- According to the group, the tour can take place in a single language or in two languages
- Monday and Friday 10.15 am: English
- Wednesday and Thursday 4.00 pm: Italian
"La strada per Menfi e Tebe passa per Torino". Lo disse Champollion, archeologo ed egittologo che pe...
Visit the elegant apartments hidden behind the simple facade of the Royal Palace, listed by UNESCO, ...
Visiting the National Automobile Museum is a popular experience at all. The museum boasts one of the...
Dall'11 maggio all'8 settembre 2019 la Palazzina di Stupinigi Citroniera di Ponente ospita per la pr...
Il Museo Ettore Fico dedica una grande mostra al grande fotografo Gabriele Basilico.Corpus centrale ...
With the exhibition “Ettore Fico. Opere di grande formato" (Ettore Fico. Large format works), the ME...
Il Museo Ettore Fico, luogo propulsore di processi positivi di crescita culturale e di aggregazione ...
Inside the MÚSES, a unique technology and sensory museum in Europe, you will be able to keep alive t...
"Tenuta Carretta is a member of The Grand Wine Tour Association: a quality brand that certifies hosp...
Enjoy a walk with a private guide to discover the places made famous thanks to the scenography of im...