Best of Venice walking tour with St. Mark's Basilica and gondola ride
- Experience the wonders of Venice in just a few hours
- Skip the line access to the St. Mark's Basilica
- Enjoy stories and commentaries from your guide
- Gondola ride with a local gondoliere
If you are only in Venice for a short time, The Best of Venice tour is the right choice for you. You will get an authentic experience of Venice as you wander the streets and piazzas with you English-speaking guide. There is no better way to uncover the mysteries behind this enchanting city in a relaxed atmosphere and at your own pace.
This tour starts at one of Venice’s best-known landmarks, the Rialto Bridge. Then, you will walk through the winding streets and over the tiny bridges of Venice diving into the heart of the city. You will visit Marco Polo’s house and hear about the Venetian son who went on a voyage and came back with stories of China - a world in the East that few had ever seen. You will experience the lively piazzas of Campo SS Giovanni e Paolo and Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where the Renaissance buildings and modern structures tell the eclectic story of the city’s development. You will also visit Doge’s Palace where you will marvel over ceilings frescoed by Tintoretto. This is where ambassadors waited nervously in this very spot for an audience with the Doge in the Hall of Four Doors and where you will see Chamber of the Council of Ten where many dark secrets lay.
As your tour continues you will pass by the famous Bridge of Sighs and head to St. Mark’s Square. Here you will get to skip the long lines and go inside St. Mark’s Basilica. See the mosaics of St. Mark’s Basilica from up close and marvel at the diversity of Venetian culture as your guide points out the spots where eastern architecture and western design have blended to create an onion dome. Rarely included on guided tours you will have time to go to the terraces, which offer beautiful views over the piazza and wonderful photo opportunities! Your group will be no larger than 24 people to ensure your visit is comfortable and your guide easy to interact with.
Next, our representative will accompany you to the Gondola Station, where you’ll begin our 30-minute gondola tour (shared with no commentary) of the waterways with a real local gondoliere.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 24 people or less
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Skip the Line Access to St. Mark's Basilica
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark's Basilica
- 30-minute shared gondola ride (mixed group of up to 6 pax)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children 0-14 years old: reduced
Calle Moderna, 5736, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
In front of the bronze statue of Carlo Goldoni in Campo S. Bortolomeo, near the San Marco side of the Rialto Bridge.
- This service ends at the Dogana Gondola Station, located on the Grand Canal, a few minutes away from St. Mark’s square.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. St. Mark’s Basilica specifically prohibits large bags, umbrellas, and tripods. These items must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site, so you may miss a portion of the tour to do so.
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- St. Mark's Basilica can be subject to closure without notice. When this occurs, you will be offered an extended tour of the basilica and St. Mark’s Square from outside. While tour groups are generally warned ahead of time, it is not always possible as there can be unplanned disruptions to basilica opening hours. In these cases the tour operator will be unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 9:00am
- Sunday at 1:30pm
Walking Tour of VeniceHave a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important place...
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the histo...
The gondola is one of the main symbols of Venice, as emblematic of the famous water city as mysterio...
Excursion to the Venetian Lagoon for the visit of islands famous for the handcrafts: Murano for the ...
Embark on a gondola ride through the Grand Canal where you will see wondrous beauty and culture in e...
Experience culture, beauty and romance of Venice in a relaxing way. Your visit to Venice would not b...
Get a glimpse of what Venice really used to be like. Escape the chaos of crowds of tourists and visi...
Venice Shuttle is a fast shared boat service from Marco Polo Airport to Venice center and vice versa...
Padua is a city of art with a college atmosphere, it is young, hip and rich in history. You will hav...
The first highlight of the walking tour is St. Mark’s square, with the description of the majestic S...