Carlo Goldoni's House-Museum tickets
- Find out where the king of the Italian commedia dell'arte was born
- Visit the House of Goldoni, XV century typical palace of the Gothic style
- Experience the magic of theater and relive the famous playwright times
- Admire the puppet theater of the Grimani and Servants family
Commedia dell'arte was a form of improvised theater whose roots lie in the popular theatrical tradition of Italy before the 16th century, particularly characterized by the use of masked characters representing social stereotypes (like the well known mask of Harlequin).
Commedia dell'arte's influence was substantial for playwrights like Shakespeare in England and Molière in France, but above all to Carlo Goldoni, who reformed it during the 18th century through the elimination of profanities and abolishing the use of masks.
This is Carlo Goldoni's birth-place (1707-1793), now a unique museum where visitors can experience the magic of theater and relive Goldoni's times.
Visitors can walk through the various rooms of the house - built on three floors - discovering original paintings, precious furnishings and scenery settings built around Goldoni's major plays.
In the house (1st Floor, Room 3) you will also find a puppet theatre belonging to the collection of the Venetian family Grimani ai Servi.
- Skip-the-line ticket for the museum
- Over 65 years old
- Children 6-14 years old
- Students 15-25 years old
- Rolling Venice Card Memebers
- FAI Memebers
Carlo Goldoni's House
San Polo, 2794
- This ticket is valid for three months from the date of purchase and allows only one entrance to the museum
- Not refundable ticket
Prices are as follows:
- Full price: €5.5 + €3 Musement fee
- All types of reduced ticket: €4 + €3 Musement fee
- Every day except Wednesday
- From 1 November to 31 March: 10.00am-4.00pm
- From 1 April to 31 October: 10.00am-5.00pm
- The ticket office closes half an hour before
- Closed on Wednesday, December 25, January 1
Experience the quiet hours of Venice, the best time to experience the true Venetian culture, when li...
Meet your local guide in center of Venice and with a short walk of 15 minutes through hidden streets...
Discover the secret corners of Venice from a double perspective on a 2-hour sightseeing tour on foot...
Explore the most dissolute and sensual secrets of Venice with our private walking tour through the p...
It is estimated that there were 8-10 thousand gondolas operating on the canals of Venice during the ...
Make your way through the narrow alleys of Venice, stopping off to try some local specialities and r...