Carnival Treasure Hunt from Piazzale Roma
- Have fun with a Carnival treasure hunt around Venice
- Discover Venetian hidden secrets
- Get the Carnival masks included, prize for the hunt
- Only until February 5 take advantage of the exclusive promotion of 10%
A fantastic route, at the discovery of Venice’s secrets and its famous Carnival. You’ll be given a map to start you on the treasure hunt, but that’s not all: after downloading the App on your phone, this will become your compass and your personal automatic storyteller, recounting the secrets of the city and of this festive period.
The game will take you across the whole city, leading you into unexplored corners, and of course passing through the heart of Venice and the Carnival: St. Mark’s Square.
During the hunt, you’ll have to take a picture of at least 3 points highlighted on the map. At the end, the treasure will be yours: two Venetian masks, one beautifully decorated in traditional style and the other one white, just waiting to be painted. A professional Mask-maker will happily give suggestions to personalise it!
Before you rush home to decorate the second one, put your finished mask on and take your carnival super selfie!
Post your masked selfie on our Facebook page and invite your friends to like it. The most creative, fun and bizzarre pics get a reward! This game is ideal for groups and families too. Guaranteed you won’t forget it in a hurry!
- 3 huge bridges crossing the main Venetian road: The Grand Canal. You will discover the Constitution bridge which is the most recent one, projected by the famous architect Calatrava, the Scalzi bridge and the world known Rialto Bridge which is the oldest one.
- The hidden ancient law announcing place, called the Rialto hunchback. (Because not only the Notre Dame has its hunchback!)
- Walking around Venice, you will find on your path a lot of characteristic streets, as for example, Calle dei Boteri with its fascinating artisan history
- What about the ancient fish market? It is called Rialto Mercato
- Erbaria, which word comes from ‘Erba’ that means spices in English. Venetians were and are not only gondoliers but especially merchants
- You will admire unique panoramas and corners
- Along the promenade you will also learn the Carnival curiosities, about the masks, the ‘frittelle’ and much more!
- Mobile app
- Detailed map for the game
- Two Carnival Masks
- Guided tour
- Food and drinks Hotel Pick up
Piazzale Roma, 466/E, 30122 Venezia VE
Lufthansa city center Santa Croce 466/e. Show up at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before to collect map and instructions. From Monday to Saturday, 09:30-10:30-11:30-12:30-14:30-15:30
- The tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or guests with limited mobility
Summary of Treasure Hunt and Photo Contest
- At the start you’ll receive the map to look for your treasure and you’ll download the App on your phone: this will be the compass guiding you and the voice tell you stories along the way.
- On the map you will see 4 hidden places to take a picture of.
- You will have to show a picture for at least 3 of the places to the Mask-maker, and then he will give you two masks. One will be white.
- Take a selfie with ready-made mask in the mask-maker’s shop, and after colouring the white one, take a selfie with that one too.
- Post one or both pics on our Facebook page.
Invite your friend to like your pics. Only the first 10 most-liked pics will be considered by the jury, who will then pick a winner.
- The winners will receive a wonderful Mask created especially by the professional mask-maker.
- Deadline for posting pics: 15th March 2019
- Where to post pics: Venice Tours Facebook page
- Winners’ announcement: 31st March 2019-01-16
- From Monday to Saturday
- 09:30am - 10:30am -11:30am -12:30pm -02:30pm - 03:30pm
An unforgettable activity where an venetian master artisan will explain the traditional art of makin...
Embark on a gondola ride through the Grand Canal where you will see wondrous beauty and culture in e...
Excursion to the Venetian Lagoon for the visit of islands famous for the handcrafts: Murano for the ...
Join this Murano and Burano excursion from Venice. Admire the most famous Venetian islands! - Meet y...
Explore the Most Romantic City in the World Onboard a City Sightseeing Red Boat!There are about 97 c...
Experience an exclusive and romantic 30-minute private gondola ride on the canals of Venice. Discove...
It is estimated that there were 8-10 thousand gondolas operating on the canals of Venice during the ...
Visit Venice and its lagoon: discover its picturesque corners, history and legends at your own pace ...
With this app you will discover the soul of Venice through its most picturesque squares and streets....
Come with us on a delicious 4-hour food experience around the Rialto bridge and market area in the c...