Doge's Palace and the Golden Basilica skip-the-line and guided tour with gondola ride and glass blowing art
- Privileged entrance - head straight inside without wasting time in line for Doge's Palace and the Basilica
- A comprehensive tour of Venice highlights
- Visit the Golden Basilica, a masterpiece of Byzantine art
- Glassblowing demonstration by a master artisan in a glass factory
- Canal cruise on board a romantic gondola
Enjoy a complete Venice Experience with the Doge's Palace and the Golden Basilica skip-the-line and guided tour, associated with Venetian waterways and Grand Canal by Gondola, and a Saint Mark and Rialto self-guided tour.
Enjoy a guided tour in the Palazzo Ducale which represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic. You’ll live it together with a guide that will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries.
You will visit one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world! On this tour, escorted by a tour guide you will enjoy a full visit of the Golden Basilica, unique of its kind in Italy, you'll have the pleasure to admire beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlays of the floors, sitting comfortably while our guide will show you the represented biblical scenes, the history and the particularities of this ancient basilica.
You may visit by yourself the other magnificent palaces around St. Mark’s Square under the name of Procuratie with the same ticket!
You will also discover the magic art of glass blowing, historical art came from Romans! In an old Glass Factory Showroom, in Saint Mark's Square, a glass craftsman master will create a unique item explaining the ancient phases of the production, just in front of you. At the end of your experience, you will receive a little glass gift for each couple or each family, as a souvenir of this visit.
After this, you will live an exciting gondola ride in Venice that will take you along the canals of this magical city. Enjoy the gondola cruise through the Venice most romantic waterways passing under small bridges and along part of the Grand Canal!
During your pleasant gondola ride, you will admire the Mozart House passing by the worldwide famous La Fenice Theatre proceeding along the Rio (Canal) “De le Ostreghe” leading into the most charming part of the Grand Canal, where you will admire the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
Venice Goes App, a mobile-guide will explain the magnificent palaces and attractions around you! This innovative mobile app could be downloaded easily on your mobile.
This audio-guide will also escort you in a personal walking tour through Accademia, Rialto, and the endless-history of Saint Mark’s Square and its breathtaking basin! Download the app on your device and you won’t get lost in the city! You will be able to visit Venice, corner by corner, step by step, at your pace. 31 points of interest spread across the itinerary, among them you will see the magnificent Theatre “La Fenice”, Rialto Bridge with its typical market and the majestic Accademia Bridge! Of course, the audio-guide will escort you through the endless-history of Saint Mark’s Square and its breathtaking basin!
- Shared gondola ride
- Shared guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- "Skip the line” Doge’s Palace, the Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Mobile app for Rialto and San Marco self-guided tour.
- Food and drinks
- Infant (0-1): free of charge
- Child (2-5): reduced
S. Marco, 1097, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
For Doge's Palace and Basilica: St. Mark's Square, at the Clock Tower near the exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”.
For Glassblowing art: close to the well of Bacino Orseolo, in front of the Testoilini Bottega dell'Arte- San Marco 1758. Our assistant will wait for you with the sign GLASSBLOWING TOUR.
For the gondola ride, you will find the assistant waiting for you with a signboard “Gondola Tour” at the Ground floor colonnade in front of Museo Correr's Entrance which is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower leaving the Basilica behind you proceed straight on to the colonnade with Museo Correr’s entrance.
- The visit is monolingual
- 4 hours (3 hours for guided tour and 30 minutes for gondola ride)
- This tour is not fully accessible wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- Services could be done on different days
- The tour is not considered private, but it is shared with other guests
- Each gondola can host a maximum of 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending on guest’s weight –
- It is compulsory to write the 5 services/and tours and to show the mobile voucher 5 times or to print it 5 times.
- Bookings can be canceled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours do not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Tour does not operate and in case of exceptional high tide or in case of special religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- During some days of high turnout or for reason of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- For the visit of the Basilica proper clothing is required (no shorts or tank tops)
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and Doge Palace. Just before your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St.Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time.
- Every day at 10.45am
- Glassblowing at 2.30pm
- Gondola ride at 4.00pm
- From April to October: English, French, Spanish and German every day - Italian only on Saturday
- From November to March: English from Monday to Saturday - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday
Cortina is just a few hours' drive from the Venetian Riviera but it might as well be light years awa...
In a country packed with historic cities, Treviso managed to escape under the radar until quite rece...
Venice is a work of art by day but she's a masterpiece at night. This afternoon and evening tour of ...
Venice's 1,500 years of history and 117 islands make it one of the world's most famous cities. With ...
As the setting of the greatest love story ever told, Verona has a lot to live up to – and it does so...
Any night in Venice is special – this trip just adds to the luxury. This afternoon and evening tour ...