Franchetti Gallery at Ca' d'Oro tickets
- Visit the splendid fifteenth-century building overlooking the Grand Canal
- Explore the Franchetti Gallery with works of art of the last owner
- Admire bronze and marble sculptures, Venetian and Flemish paintings
- Skip the line at the entrance of the art gallery with this ticket
The Ca’ d’Oro was built in 1421 for the Venetian merchant Marino Contarini who coordinated for the planning of the building a team of famous architects and sculptures of the time.
Ca’ d’Oro means ‘House of Gold’ and it was given this name because much of the façade’s original decorations were covered in gold, using a polychromatic pattern that became a signature characteristic of Venice’s floral gothic architecture. The building is right on the Grand Canal and is one of the ‘must see’ places in Venice. Though there is a strong asymmetry of the façade with a great difference between the left and right parts, it doesn’t result as unpleasant because of the well studied balance of empty and full spaces.
As typical of Venetian buildings of the time, looking at the rectangular structure on the canal one would not be able to tell that it holds a small courtyard.
Today the building hold’s the Franchetti Ca’ d’Oro Art Museum, made up of the pieces belonging Giorgio Franchetti, most recent private owner of the building that dedicated the property to the display of his treasured collection. On display visitors can have a ticket to see bronze and marble sculptures along with plenty Venetian and Flemish paintings.
Among the most famous pieces of the museum there is Andrea Mantegna’s St. Sebastian, Tiziano’s Giuditta and landscapes by Francesco Guardi and many more.
- Skip-the-line ticket for the museum
- Reduced: EU youth 18-25 years old, permanent teachers
- Free of charge: children under 18 years old, EU students and academics of the faculties of architecture, cultural heritage, science education, literature, archaeology, history, arts, philosophy, ICOM members, EU disable people with helper, journalists, schools, EU tourist guides, tourist interpreters with license
Galleria Franchetti alla Ca' d'Oro
- Not refundable, not exchangeable tickets
Prices are as follows:
- Standard price - Entrance: €10 + €3 Musement fee
- Reduced - Entrance: €5.75 + €3 Musement fee
- Standard price - Grimani + Ca' d'Oro: €11.5 + €3 Musement fee
- Reduced - Grimani + Ca' d'Oro: €6.5 + €3 Musement fee
- Monday: 8.15am-2.00pm
- Tuesday - Sunday: 8.15am-7.15pm
- The ticket office closes 30 minutes before closing
- Closures: January 1, December 25, May 1
Experience the quiet hours of Venice, the best time to experience the true Venetian culture, when li...
Meet your local guide in center of Venice and with a short walk of 15 minutes through hidden streets...
Discover the secret corners of Venice from a double perspective on a 2-hour sightseeing tour on foot...
Explore the most dissolute and sensual secrets of Venice with our private walking tour through the p...
It is estimated that there were 8-10 thousand gondolas operating on the canals of Venice during the ...
Make your way through the narrow alleys of Venice, stopping off to try some local specialities and r...