Historic walking tour of Venice
- Take a walk through the most characteristic and important places in Venice's history
- A qualified guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice. A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city. This is an essential tour for the understanding of Venice!
- Piazza San Marco: Origins, history and description of the main monuments, such as Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie
- Santa Maria Formosa: History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo: The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune
- Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre: Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping
After the tour, you will be given a free coupon for a visit to a Murano glass factory in order to discover one of the greatest Venetian arts. Please note this is a free of charge optional trip by private boat to Murano Island (generally scheduled from 2.00pm to 4.00pm) and it is not a part of the tour. Be kindly aware that this optional visit could take longer than the scheduled time and that we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.
- Guided walking tour of Venice
- Audio-receiver devices in case of groups over 10 people
- Children 0-5 years old: free of charge
S. Marco, 288, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Clock Tower of Venice near the "Yex" Exchange office (the white building with the blue clock facade).
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide
- Every day at 9.00am
Enjoy a panoramic walking tour with a specialized tourist guide of the area near Piazza San Marco an...
Cortina is just a few hours' drive from the Venetian Riviera but it might as well be light years awa...
In a country packed with historic cities, Treviso managed to escape under the radar until quite rece...
Venice is a work of art by day but she's a masterpiece at night. This afternoon and evening tour of ...
Venice's 1,500 years of history and 117 islands make it one of the world's most famous cities. On th...
As the setting of the greatest love story ever told, Verona has a lot to live up to – and it does so...