Historic walking tour of Venice
- Take a walk through the most characteristic and important places in Venice's history
- A qualified guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice. A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city. This is an essential tour for the understanding of Venice!
- Piazza San Marco: Origins, history and description of the main monuments, such as Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
- Santa Maria Formosa: History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square.
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo: The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune.
- Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre: Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice.
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
After the tour, you will be given a free coupon for a visit to a Murano glass factory in order to discover one of the greatest Venetian arts. Please note this is a free of charge optional trip by private boat to Murano Island (generally scheduled from 2 PM to 4 PM) and it is not a part of the tour. Be kindly aware that this optional visit could take longer than the scheduled time and that we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.
- Guided Walking Tour of Venice
- Audio-receiver devices in case of groups over 10 people
- Children 0-5 years old: free of charge
S. Marco, 288, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Clock Tower of Venice - near "Yex" Exchange office (the white building with the blue clock facade)
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide
- Every day at 09:00 am
Make your stay in Venice unforgettable with a dinner show evening at the magical and unique Theatre ...
This Venice day tour itinerary features two different tours: original Venice walking tour and Venice...
The glass masters of The Glass Cathedral - Santa Chiara present a spectacular show dedicated to both...
This Museum, dedicated to the thought and works of Leonardo da Vinci, is situated in the heart of Ve...
This private tour of Venice is the perfect one for you if you have limited time to spend in the city...
Impara i segreti ed i trucchi dei più famosi piatti della cucina veneziana e assaggia il frutto del ...