St Mark's Museum and Cathedral guided tour
- Visit St.Mark's Basilica with the skip the line ticket and its museum from a different perspective
- Climb up to the Cathedral's lodge to see St. Mark's square from above
- Enjoy a unique bird's eye view of the wonderful St. Mark's Square
This unique tour will guide you through the most beautiful corners of St. Mark’s Museum and Cathedral while giving you a unique and wonderful vantage view. See this majestic Venetian artwork from above, feeling the emotions of an exclusive panoramic view and discovering its charming beauty.
The tour starts from the narthex, where you will meet your guide. You will go to St. Mark’s Museum where scale models show how the Basilica was originally built, and you’ll see how it appeared to visitors and worshippers in the past age.
You can admire the famous mosaics of St Mark’s Cathedral from an advantaged place that will let you observe them from a close-up and appreciate the different construction stages of the mosaics of this wonderful Basilica, discovering how they were crafted. A set of panels illustrate the time-honored techniques and a private presentation of them will take place later in the tour, away from the crowd.
You will reach the external loggia, and you will admire from above the beautiful one of the most fascinating and evocative places in the world: St Mark’s Square.
Anyway, the fundamental point during our guided tour in St Mark’s Cathedral will be the visit to the gilded bronze horses - masterpieces of the Greek Hellenistic sculptures once used to decorate the hippodrome of Constantinople and today a symbol of the Venice Cathedral.
This unique guided tour of St Mark’s Basilica will continue with a view of the statue of the Madonna with child in gilded terracotta by Sansovino.
The grand finale of the tour of St Mark’s Basilica in Venice will take place in the Banquets Hall.
- Guided tour
- St. Mark's Museum entry
- Skip the line access to St Mark's Basilica
- Children from 6 to 12 years: €19.00
Children up to 5 years: free
Piazza San Marco, 328, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Venetoinside Info Point in front of St. Peter's door at St Mark's Basilica (looking at the Basilica façade, St. Peter's door is located on the left of the main gate).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Access to the Basilica is only permitted to visitors with suitable attire (no shorts or vest or tops) and backpacks are not allowed for safety reasons.
- At the end of the tour you can continue the visit inside St. Mark’s Basilica on your own. Please note that the church closes at 5pm.
- The Procuratoria di San Marco reserves the right to prohibit visits and access to the basilica at any time and without notice for reasons of force majeure (e.g. high water) and/or safety reasons.
- In cases of extra liturgical ceremonies, exceptional high tides or other special occasions, access to St Mark's Basilica may not be permitted and therefore the tour will not take place
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- At the meeting point you will find our assistants, easily recognizable by an identification badge with 'Insidecom' and their names.
From 1 April to 31 October 2018
Monday 10.00 am, 11.15 am, 1.45 pm, 4.15 pm
Tuesday 10.00 am, 12.15 pm, 1.45 pm, 3.00 pm, 4.15 pm
Wednesday 10.00 am, 11.15 am, 12.15 pm, 1.45 pm, 3.00 pm, 4.15 pm
Friday 10.00 am, 12.15 pm, 1.45 pm, 3.00 pm
Saturday 10.00 am, 12.15 pm, 1.45 pm, 3.00 pm
Tuesday 11.15 am
Saturday 11.15 am, 4.15 pm
Monday 12.15 pm, 3.00 pm
Friday 11.15 am, 4.15 pm
The glass masters of The Glass Cathedral - Santa Chiara present a spectacular show dedicated to both...
The Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale) represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political powe...
This private tour of Venice is the perfect one for you if you have limited time to spend in the city...
This is a combination city tour, of 4 of the most popular tours in Venice and the best way to spend ...
Make your way through the narrow alleys of Venice, stopping off to try some local specialities and r...
Impara i segreti ed i trucchi dei più famosi piatti della cucina veneziana e assaggia il frutto del ...