Ultimate Venetian Lagoon Excursion: Murano & Glass, Burano, Torcello, Island Vineyard & Wine Tasting, Secret Monastery
- Escape the tourist crush of Venice with a day trip to her most beautiful islands
- Travel by private boat with your expert guide and small group of 20 people
- Tour of the Monastery of San Francesco guided by an actual monk
- Wine tasting inside Venice's only active winery
- Immerse yourself in the centuries-old art of glass making on the island of Murano
- Visit the Lace Museum of Burano to learn about one of Venice's oldest artisanal handcrafts
- Visit the Glass Museum in Murano
- Enjoy a wine tasting in a secret vineyard and explore the island of Torcello
Your experience starts a 9:00am when you meet your local guide and small group in central Venice to board your private boat. As you’re motoring out through the Lagoon, your guide will point out places of interest and give you a brief introduction to the history of island settlement in Venice.
Your first stop is the quiet monastery on the Island of San Francesco del Deserto, where you’ll literally walk in the footsteps of St. Francis of Assisi as one of the friars shows you around its peaceful gardens and ancient church.
Hopping back on your boat, you’ll zip over to Burano, whose brightly colored houses have been the home of Venice’s legendary lace makers since the 16th century. After a guided tour around the island’s picture-perfect canals and squares, you’ll cross a bridge to Mazzorbo Island and discover the vineyard producing one of Venice’s best kept secrets: the Venissa wine. Learn about how the Dorona grape was saved from extinction and replanted to produce one of the world’s rarest and most unique wines. Of course, a tasting is included.
Next, your guide will recommend a few of their favorite restaurants in Burano where you’ll have free time for lunch (not included) and can continue exploring. These restaurants are less-touristic than central Venice, serving authentic, local specialties at reasonable prices.
After lunch, you’ll cruise over to the island of Torcello, the first island in the lagoon to be inhabited and home to Venice’s oldest church, dating from the 7th century. Your guide will give you a tour of the island and its ancient Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta. There will be free time to climb its bell tower on your own (not included).
Finally, you’ll head to Murano, home of Europe’s most respected glassmakers since the 13th century. You’ll marvel at a glassmaking demonstration inside an abandoned medieval church once visited by Casanova and Venetian nobles, now home to a glass maker and even used for Masquerade Balls. Afterwards, enjoy free time to explore the island. Your private boat will be waiting to take you back to the main island of Venice by 5:00pm.
Venice’s smaller islands are some of its most charming and historically rich; a day visiting them is the perfect antidote for people looking to escape the crowds and take a deep dive into the history and culture of the Maritime Republic.
- Full-day on Private Boat
- Murano glassmaking demonstration
- Wine tasting at Venissa
- Entrance ticket to Torcello Cathedral
- Entrance to Monastery of San Francesco del Deserto
- Expert Local Guide
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- ‘Pressured shopping'
- Bell tower climb at Torcello
- Infants up to 3 years are free of charge
Campo Sant Apostoli, 30100 Venice, Italy
This tour meets by the red benches located around a tree in Campo Sant Apostoli, close to the magazine and souvenir kiosk. The ferry stop nearest to this meeting point is called "Cà D'Oro". Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- Lunch is not included on this tour. We have allowed time for you to eat lunch in Burano. Your guide will give you recommendations and tell you where to meet after lunch but please be aware that it is your responsibility to arrive at the meeting point in time for the second part of the tour.
- Unfortunately, our boats cannot accommodate wheelchairs and some of the sights are not accessible. As a result, we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on this tour.
- The boat we use for our tour has a maximum capacity of 25 people, though the group size is 20. Small children 3 years of age and under do not count in the 25 person maximum.
Meeting Time: 8:45 AM
Departure Time: 9:00 AM
Excursion to the Venetian Lagoon for the visit of islands famous for the handcrafts: Murano for the ...
Walking Tour of VeniceHave a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important place...
Experience culture, beauty and romance of Venice in a relaxing way. Your visit to Venice would not b...
If you are only in Venice for a short time, The Best of Venice tour is the right choice for you. You...
Experience an exclusive and romantic 30-minute private gondola ride on the canals of Venice. Discove...
You can’t go to Venice without visiting St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge's Palace, the city’s two to...
Visit Venice and its lagoon: discover its picturesque corners, history and legends at your own pace ...
Embark on a gondola ride through the Grand Canal where you will see wondrous beauty and culture in e...
Enjoy the visit the most famous masterpiece and symbol of Venice: St. Mark’s Basilica!Your expert gu...
Enjoy an unusual private tour of Venice, a tour in which you'll not only explore the city and learn ...