Lake Garda trekking tour
- Trek through the beautiful countryside surrounding romantic Verona
- Visit the largest lake in Italy, and historic Bardolino town
- Indulge in delicious wines, homemade olive oil, and a tasty lunch at a local family farm
- Learn about Verona’s culture and history while walking through local vineyards
- Get a lesson in olive oil and wine production, right on the farm
Discover gorgeous Lake Garda and the lovely Verona countryside on this half-day trekking adventure that goes deep into local culture.
We’ll start your Verona tour at the centrally located Verona Porta Nuova train station. Here, your local guide will meet you and take you on a 20-minute drive past the wineries and villas beyond Verona, to reach the start point for your trekking tour.
You’ll go for a hike through the beautiful Italian countryside, walking along forest trails, and eventually reaching the breathtaking views above Lake Garda, the biggest lake in Italy. During the trek, your guide will teach you about the rich history of this stunning area.
After soaking up a few amazing views, we’ll head to a local family farm, where you’ll get to learn about the area’s olive oil production — and have a taste of it, of course! You’ll get to meet with the family, who are young, local producers who wanted to continue the old traditions of farming and agricultural production. Together, we’ll dig into a lunch starring local cheese and cured meats, as well as a sample of the farm’s own wine. And because the Italian countryside is best appreciated when you’re outside, we’re having lunch outdoors, on the farm terrace, surrounded by vineyards and views of the valley all around you.
After lunch, we’ll visit one of the beautiful local villages so you can enjoy the shores of Lake Garda. You’ll have time to enjoy a cooling gelato here before we head back to Verona.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Private van with driver
- Lunch at a family farm (includes wine and beverages)
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal items
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Entrance of the Verona Porta Nuova Train Station
- Children under 6 years of age are not permitted on this tour
- Dress standard
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a hat, sunscreen, and bottle of water
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- At 09.00am
Villa de Winckels è un vecchio monastero del 1100-1400 e fu abitata dal Generale De Winckels.Nel 199...
The tour is a pleasant gastronomic walk through the streets of the historic center of Verona with 5 ...
Join this walking tour to learn about the bloodiest events that occurred in Verona and about horribl...
Starting from the central Market Square, where the stunning 17th century Palazzo Maffei and the brea...
During this passionate walking tour of Verona you'll first see some of the most important locations ...
Legend tells that the name “Valpolicella” is derived from the words “valle” “poli” and “cellae” mean...