Medieval Soave: wine & olive oil tour
- Enjoy a guided tour of a famous local winery and taste 3 typical wines
- Visit a famous local oil mill and taste the oil produced there
- Explore the beautiful Castle of Soave
Spend a half-day discovering the beautiful hills and countryside of Soave by minivan, supported by an expert local guide. Enjoy a guided tour of a famous local winery and taste 3 differerent wines, then follow your guide and visit a local traditional oil mill, where you'll have the chance to taste the oil produced there. End your tour with a visit - by yourself, at your own pace - to the beautiful Castle of Soave.
Olive oil mill Valpolicella DOP: The tour will start with a visit to the olive grove, so with info on the native varieties and the transition to the olive processing area. Then you'll visit to the continuous mill (in operation from October to early December), with an explanation on the techniques of olive processing, preservation and bottling of the oils produced. The next step will be for you to learn more in depth about the oil: its components and organoleptic characteristics, then try a sensory analysis (sight, smell, taste) and a guided professional tasting of 2 or more olive oils and crushed olive oil products on bread.
Soave Castle: A transfer to the center of Soave will follow. Soave is a charming town, dominated by the splendid fortress "Castello Scaligero", which is one of the best examples of Castellana structure in Veneto. It consists of a doorman and three courtyards of different sizes. Booking this tour, you'll also get an entrance ticket to explore the castle by yourself, at your own pace.
Soave winery: Beside the castle and oil mill, you will enjoy a guided tour of a local winery. On the gentle hills of Soave, you will visit a typical "cantina" of the area renowned for the production of Soave wine and Recioto wine. Here, generations of wine-makers have handed down the precious art of producing wine, with a deep love for their land and their roots. You'll be introducted to the winery and visit the wine production area; after that you'll have the chance to taste 3 different varieties of wine.
- Guided tour of a famous local winery
- Guided tasting of 3 wines
- Guided tour of a local oil mill
- Guided olive oil tasting
- Entrance to the castle of Soave
- Private car transfer (if selected when booking)
- children from 3 to 11 years old pay 50% less. Younger children can join for free
Strada Provinciale 39, 33, 37038 Soave VR, Italy
- this tour offers a service of free pick-up from a centrally located Verona accommodation. If you want to request this service, please remember to specify, during the final stage of your booking, the address of the hotel/apartment you're staying at
- we kindly ask you to book this tour at least 3 days in advance
- when booking, you can choose between one option with private transfer included and one option without transfer (in this last case, you'll need to use your own car)
- please note that the visit inside the Castle of Soave won't be guided
- this tour runs every day, from Tuesday to Saturday
The Verona Walking Tour is the ideal solution for those who want discover the fascinating Verona Are...
Find the guide at the Veronality InfoPoint, located just less than 100 meters from Castelvecchio, th...
Enjoy a wine tasting session of some of the amazing wines produced in Valpolicella such as Valpolice...
During his exile, Dante Alighieri spent a few years living in Verona. His son Pietro, enchanted by t...
Enter the grand amphitheater and visit one of the world’s great open-air concert venues with a licen...
The tour is a pleasant gastronomic walk through the streets of the historic center of Verona with 5 ...