Vicenza: 2.5-hour private guided tour
- See the famous Piazza dei Signori and the astonishing beauty of the Basilica Palladiana
- Admire the Teatro Olimpico, the first covered theatre in the whole Europe!
- Explore the hidden corners of the town and find out what locals like to do, the little typical bars and aperitivi places
- See the typical pretty and flowered bridges above the main river which crosses the town, the Bacchiglione
The main focus of this walking tour through Vicenza old town will be the importance of the worldwide famous Palladio architect in shaping the beauty of this little town.
In Vicenza you will see numerous monuments that Andrea Palladio (1508 - 1580) designed for this area. The aim of this guided walk is to illustrate the history of Vicenza through its art, especially the masterpieces of Palladio, undoubtedly one of the greatest architects of the Renaissance, emphasizing the evolution of Vicenza's town planning, in particular from the XV to the XVI centuries.
You'll be amazed by the Basilica Palladiana, a very particular and fascinating building right in the middle of Piazza dei Signori; you'll see the Teatro Olimpico, the first covered theater of the whole Europe and walk on Ponte degli Angeli, one of the symbols of the town with its evocative monument.
You'll have the chance to see the very typical bars, corners and hidden streets of the town where locals like to spend their free hours for a good coffee or delicious aperitivo.
One final tip: you might want to bring along your camera!
- tour led by an expert guide
- food & drinks
- entrance fees to museums/attractions (in case you decide to visit any of them in particular)
Viale Roma, 16, 36100 Vicenza VI, Italy
The meeting point is next to "Toto' Bistrot" cafè (you just need to cross the street in front of the station)
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
- The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- Every day at 10.00am, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm
This select excursion takes you to Pompeii and Herculaneum to discover two of the world's greatest a...
Dominated by Mt Epomeo, Ischia's a small but mountainous island off the northen tip of the Bay of Na...
THE FUTUR IS IN TORINO ON 6-7 JULY 2019! EARLY BIRD TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE! firstname.lastname@example.org +39 3...
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES Humility is always the best record a DJ can...
March 09, 2019 Level 1 with SHOUT! pres. SANTÉ Level 2 with TBA ENTRY IN LIST € 10 before 00.30 € 15...
06 April 2019 Level 1 with SHOUT! pres. BUTCH Level 2 with TBA ENTRY IN LIST € 10 before 00.30 € 15 ...