Excursion to Mauthausen from Vienna in a small group
- See the former concentration camp Mauthausen-Gusen
- Follow an audioguide tour through the Memorial
- Travel in a small group of maximum 8 people
Mauthausen concentration camp in Upper Austria was one of the largest labour camp complexes in the Third Reich. Between 1938 and 1945 about 200,000 people from all over Europe were imprisoned in Mauthausen. About half of them lost their lives. Today, Mauthausen Memorial stands as a reminder of the darkest days of Austria’s history.
In a small group of maximum 8 people you will travel 2 hours from Vienna across Lower Austria to the former camp. Upon arrival you will explore the preserved historic premises at your own pace with an audioguides available in 11 languages (English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish): it will bring you to visit the Wiener-Graben quarry, the Stairs of Death, the SS-Quarters, the Camp Prison, the Gas Chamber and the newly re-opened Mauthausen Museum.
Honor the victims by learning about this crucial period in history. We donate a percentage of the tour’s profit to the Memorial.
Your Mercedes Sprinter tour vehicle offers extra large windows and plenty of space for up to eight passengers. Wi-fi and IPads as well as cold still water are free on board.
You have to come to the meeting point, but a contribute of up to 12,00 Euro to reach the meeting point is included in the tour price.
Attention: the tour departs only if at least two participants are registrated.
- Transfer to Mauthausen Memorial from Vienna and back
- Maximum 8 people per tour
- Admission to Mauthausen Memorial
- Self-guided tour of the camp with audioguide
- Transportation in Deluxe Mercedes Sprinter van with WI-FI, IPads and drink water
- Contribute for the taxi fee to the tour departure point in the morning (up tp max. EUR 12 per person)
- Hotel drop off for central Vienna hotels (postcodes 1010-1090)
- Lunch (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
Tegetthoffstraße 7, 1010 Wien, Австрія
- Behind Viennna State Opera House, in front of Vienna Tourist information office
- The audioguide tour through the Mauthausen Memorial is available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- The tour departs at 8:30am and lasts 8 hour
- 08:30am Tour start: Travel across Lower Austria to Mautshausen
- 10:45am Stopover in Mauthausen - appx. 3 hours
- Self-guided Visit with audioguide (available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish)
- 01:45pm Departure for Vienna
- 02:00pm Lunch break at a local restaurant (at own expense) - ca. 50 min
- ca. 4:30pm Arrival in Vienna
- Hotel drop-off
For those who want to explore Vienna, the red Vienna City Card is a great way to spend less on every...
The bus ride to the city of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart takes you through the beautiful countryside of t...
They say, if you haven't taken a ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel, you haven't really been to Vienna. ...
This tour starts with a ride past the famous historic sights of Ringstraße boulevard. You will see m...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
The Belvedere is one of the most important and beautiful Imperial complexes in Europe. The Belvedere...
The Leopold Collection is one of the most important collections of modern Austrian art in the world ...
This all-day trip starts in Vienna and takes you to the beautiful Danube Valley: In the Wachau regio...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
Enjoy a fascinating taste of history and tradition as you tour Schlumberger Cellars, Austria's oldes...