Gay Vienna walking tour with Schubert’s secrets
- Let your gay or lesbian tour guide show you Vienna
- Learn more about the city's gay and lesbian history
- Experience one of the most regal cities in the world on a private walking tour
Vienna is full of gay and lesbian history like almost no other European city. Not only the capital of European music but also a cradle of gay emperors, generals, and artists who turned Vienna into a special LGBT travel destination. Vienna has an amazing gay and lesbian scene: from gay and queer cafés to cocktail bars, from lesbian restaurant to leather place, from gay spas to dance clubs. Moreover, the city holds a special range of cultural and culinary delights.
Start your amazing gay tour of Vienna together with your gay/lesbian guide, from famous Karlsplatz with the imposing Karlskirche, passing by the Technical University and reaching Kettenbrückengasse 6, the death place of composer Franz Schubert, who died of Syphilis supposedly caused by the only sexual experience Schubert ever had with a woman, although during his life he concentrated his desires on male partners. For more than two years he shared his studio and his bed with the well-known homosexual librettist Johann Baptist Mayerhofer.
Explore the house where Schubert died. The exhibits document the last weeks of his life, Schubert's death, the funeral, and the grave of the composer just near Beethoven's last resting place in what was then the Währing local cemetery. Then continue to the Naschmarkt, the center of today’s gay life, where you will taste some local specialties from one of the many local stands. After passing through the Museumsquartier and the Volksgarten, you will reach the so-called “Theseustempel” built in 1820 by Antonio Canova. Here, in front of the temple, the bronze sculpture “The Winner” was created by Josef Müllner and destined to be one of the gay monuments of the city.
- Gay or lesbian tour guide
- 3-hour city tour
- Entrance fee for Schubert Sterbewohnung (open only on Wednesdays and Thursdays)
- City taxes
Wien Hauptbahnhof, Am Hauptbahnhof 1, 1100 Wien, Austria
Meet your guide at Vienna Central Station (Wien Hbf). Your tour guide will wait for you holding a rainbow sign with your name on it.
- Please check before booking the closing dates for the selected museums. If included museums are closed, you will be refunded the amount of that museum or choose an alternative one to visit
- The tour is available in English, German, Spanish, French and Italian
- Your booking will be confirmed within 48 hours
- If you would like to book a tour for 6-10 people, please contact email@example.com to organize it
- Daily at 9.00am or 3.00pm
The Wachau Valley — Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away ...
From the fabled State Opera to the elegant Museum of Art History and the lively Schwedenplatz Square...
The Albertina and its art exhibitions are a must see in Vienna. This historic palace of the Hapsburg...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
Have you ever wondered what life must be like on the shadowy side of Vienna? Discover the challenges...