Hidden Wachau Valley - Small Group Day Trip
- Visit the town of Durnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Wine tastings in traditional and local family owned taverns
- Boat cruise along the Danube River from Spitz to Melk (May- October)
- Guided Tour at Melk Abbey (October - April)
- Comfortable and luxurious Mercedes van
The Danube Valley between Krems and Melk, known as the Wachau, is as scenic and romantic as Austria gets: famous white wines, ruined castles, charming old towns surrounded by steep vineyards and last but not least, the glorious Melk Abbey. On our day trip we cover the most scenic 24 miles of the Wachau Valley while visiting exclusive wineries. Later we’ll end the day with a boat cruise on the Danube and a brief stop at Melk Abbey for photos. On this spectacular day trip, you’ll fall in love with Austria’s wines and the country’s stunning scenery. Make this small-group tour the highlight of your travels!
- Departure from the office
- Travel to the Wachau by Mercedes van
- Wine tasting in Dürnstein
- Free time in Dürnstein
- Next stop is Weissenkirchen
- Lunch in Weissenkirchen at Traditional family-owned wine tavern (not included)
- Travel to Spitz for Wine tasting
- Ferry from Spitz to Melk
- Photo stop at Melk
- Travel back to Vienna by Mercedes van
- Transport by Mercedes minivan to and from the Wachau
- 1 hour Danube Ferry ride (May - October)
- 1 hour Guided Tour Melk Abbey (October - April)
- 2 wine tastings
- Expert guide
- Lunch and drinks at lunch
- Infants under 2 years: free
- Children 2-15 years: reduced
Vienna Explorer Office
You meet at the Vienna Explorer Office, Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Vienna.
Arriving by Metro U2 or U4 Schottenring station, take exit "Schottenring" or "Salztorbrücke"
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted
- Tour starts at 9:00am
- 1st March - 31st March: Wed, Fri & Sat
- 1st April - 31st April: Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat
- 1st May - 31st Oct: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat & Sun
- 1st November - 22. Dezember: Wed, Fri & Sat
This all-day trip starts in Vienna and takes you to the beautiful Danube Valley: In the Wachau regio...
The bus ride to the city of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart takes you through the beautiful countryside of t...
Vienna, the capital of Austria, is known for its rich history, from the classical music era to the H...
The Chocolate Museum Vienna is a really creative and dynamic oasis of pure culinary enjoyment. It's ...
You are looking for a a comfortable way to visit some of the most important attractions in Vienna sa...
Learn about German Jugendstil, or Art Nouveau, on this 3-hour walking tour through the metro of Vien...
This tour starts with a ride past the famous historic sights of Ringstraße boulevard. You will see m...
For those who want to explore Vienna, the red Vienna City Card is a great way to spend less on every...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...